Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » Christmas Wishes for Detroit « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Detroiterinspirit
Username: Detroiterinspirit

Post Number: 41
Posted on Wednesday, December 05, 2007 - 6:39 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I know this is a very corny & completely unrealistic topic for a thread, but that hasn't stopped 90% of the threads on this forum...

What 3 things would you give the people and City of Detroit if you were a god-like wizard (kinda like L.B. Patterson -LOL-)

1) Detroit-based businesses filling downtown and providing good jobs to the the citizens
2) Instill a true sense of pride & responsibility in the citizen of themselves and the city
3) A public school system that is way above national averages

The important thing to realize is that many of the ideas people may mention in this thread are achievable with an active, informed citizenship who vote for leaders based on integrity & ability and not on name recognition alone. Activities or events like Quicken's announcement are a spark, but the citizens have to sustain the energy provided by such events to rebuild the city.

Happy Holidays!

Artistic
Username: Artistic

Post Number: 75
Posted on Wednesday, December 05, 2007 - 7:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Peace
Hope
Love

That will take care of all the rest

Fmstack
Username: Fmstack

Post Number: 18
Posted on Wednesday, December 05, 2007 - 8:38 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Detroiterinspirit's plan sounds better to me.

Rhymeswithrawk
Username: Rhymeswithrawk

Post Number: 1054
Posted on Wednesday, December 05, 2007 - 12:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

1. An end to poverty.
2. An end to racism (though the suburbs need that more than the city).
3. A real benefactor instead of one who masquerades as one (see: Ilitch, Mike).

True, honest city leadership would be a real close fourth.

Mackinaw
Username: Mackinaw

Post Number: 4101
Posted on Wednesday, December 05, 2007 - 12:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Detroiterinspirit, I agree with yours.

I'll say this: more open-mindedness and positive thinking among the people in our entire area.

401don
Username: 401don

Post Number: 122
Posted on Wednesday, December 05, 2007 - 1:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

1. Education (fixes all of the others eventually)
2. A Gondola Ride ('cause they're cool and useless, kinda like the People Mover)
3. A visit by 3 ghosts to Mr. Scrooge (Matty Maroon)

Professorscott
Username: Professorscott

Post Number: 930
Posted on Wednesday, December 05, 2007 - 1:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Real public education
Real public transportation
A cold can of Labatt's in the stocking of every DYer

Since three seems to have become the number of wishes allotted to each of us, probably based on the rule of the magic lamp, I'll stop at that :-)

Reddog289
Username: Reddog289

Post Number: 118
Posted on Thursday, December 06, 2007 - 3:04 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i agree with professorscott but i need a big stocking and for my youngest to not find my stocking[ reddog could use a kegger]

Hpgrmln
Username: Hpgrmln

Post Number: 310
Posted on Thursday, December 06, 2007 - 8:00 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

1) The hiring of 150 police officers for street duty.
2) A collection of new Fire rigs and Ambulances that wont break.
3) A deal with Habitat For Humanity to rehab and find occupants for numerous fixable abandoned homes currently standing, to prevent scaveging/arson and increase the population in sparser areas

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.