Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » Grand Prix's econ impact « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Urbanoutdoors
Username: Urbanoutdoors

Post Number: 644
Posted on Wednesday, December 05, 2007 - 9:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://www.crainsdetroit.com/a pps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/2007 1205/REG/71205001/1011/-/-/-/g rand-prix-had-53-million-impac t

Not bad for one weekend. Hats off to Penske, although I wish it wasn't on Belle Isle I can't argue with the economic impact it had.

Detroitstar
Username: Detroitstar

Post Number: 830
Posted on Wednesday, December 05, 2007 - 10:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Originally I was upset with the gp being out on the island, but after seeing the improvements made in preparation for the first race (excluding the new concrete oasis) I am very excited to see improvements in the coming years.

I would like to see the entire island utilized for related events at some point in the future. This year the east end was dead during the car events. Maybe there could be a car show down at the athletic fields or something.

Warrenite84
Username: Warrenite84

Post Number: 195
Posted on Friday, December 07, 2007 - 1:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Detroitstar,
Belle Isle sounds like a great idea to me for a car show! I'm sure a lot of people would love to show off their classic car with the Detroit skyline in the background. Count me in.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.