Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » More illegal activites by the Chahine (La Shish) Clan « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Gnome
Username: Gnome

Post Number: 430
Posted on Thursday, December 06, 2007 - 12:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"On Tuesday, the truth caught up with the 39-year-old Marine captain when she pleaded guilty in Detroit to conspiracy to commit marriage, immigration, citizenship and passport fraud."
"Assistant U.S. Attorney Kenneth Chadwell said in court documents that Spinelli conspired with two former roommates -- also Lebanese immigrants -- in Taylor in the 1990s to hire U.S. citizens to marry them, after they overstayed their visas, so they could remain in the United States and become citizens."

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs .dll/article?AID=2007712050318

...and in a related story:

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs .dll/article?AID=200771205050

"Fugitive La Shish restaurant owner Talal Chahine was indicted by a federal grand jury in Detroit today for his role in a scheme in which his wife, her sister and a former roommate engaged in marriage fraud to become U.S. citizens and obtain sensitive government jobs."

My question is what is going to happen to the American men that married these women?

Crumbled_pavement
Username: Crumbled_pavement

Post Number: 59
Posted on Thursday, December 06, 2007 - 12:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's absolutely amazing that LaShish can stay in business with all of this going on.

Jjaba
Username: Jjaba

Post Number: 5685
Posted on Thursday, December 06, 2007 - 1:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Tip of the iceberg, sadly.
America needs gigantic immigration reform, and these criminals don't help matters at all.

jjaba.

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 4022
Posted on Thursday, December 06, 2007 - 1:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ship em' all back.

Seriously, 20 strikes and you're out.

Higgs1634
Username: Higgs1634

Post Number: 238
Posted on Thursday, December 06, 2007 - 1:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The story with the Marine is weird. There are ways to earn citizenship through military service. Just wonder why she did it the illegal way if the intention was to join a service.

Eriedearie
Username: Eriedearie

Post Number: 317
Posted on Thursday, December 06, 2007 - 1:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If the patrons would stop going there then maybe they would have to fold.

One_shot
Username: One_shot

Post Number: 342
Posted on Thursday, December 06, 2007 - 2:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

AMAZES me that people still patronize these crooked bastards. If this was Bob's Burgers in the middle east and they found out Bob was doing the same thing he would be dragged out front of his restaurant, shot and his place burned down.
There's plenty other places run by honest people and better food.

Club_boss
Username: Club_boss

Post Number: 211
Posted on Thursday, December 06, 2007 - 2:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't think Chahine owns all of them, the one on 12 mile comes to mind.

Gnome
Username: Gnome

Post Number: 432
Posted on Thursday, December 06, 2007 - 2:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

La Shish is a chain, but I certainly don't visit any of those places anymore.

Let's not forget that Chahine's son is in prison for murdering a white guy who tried to date a muslim girl.

Shameful.

Irish_mafia
Username: Irish_mafia

Post Number: 1144
Posted on Thursday, December 06, 2007 - 8:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes, now the son is the muslim girl dating the white guys in prison...

Mauser765
Username: Mauser765

Post Number: 2206
Posted on Thursday, December 06, 2007 - 8:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

but. the food is so good at la shish.

:-(

Alan55
Username: Alan55

Post Number: 836
Posted on Thursday, December 06, 2007 - 8:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

First, I strongly doubt if Chahine or his family control the finances La Shish anymore - I imagine it is being run by some government-appointed beancounter, or at least has a government-appointed financial overseer who is watching things like a hawk.

Secondly, Chahine and his family (who have been caught or are currently fugitives) certainly deserve your scorn and contempt, but the waiters, waitresses, busboys, cooks and cleaning staff who are trying to earn a living don't. I don't know if there are plenty of jobs they could have in other restaurant chains, but by boycotting La Shish now you may only be putting these people out of work, not hurting Chahine.

Patrick
Username: Patrick

Post Number: 5217
Posted on Thursday, December 06, 2007 - 9:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LaShish fucking sucks. Always has. Try Ike's on Van Dyke in SH for some good Mid east cuisine.

Jt1
Username: Jt1

Post Number: 10923
Posted on Thursday, December 06, 2007 - 10:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ike's moved.

Ccbatson
Username: Ccbatson

Post Number: 8133
Posted on Thursday, December 06, 2007 - 11:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I stopped going there when the first scandal hit.

Lefty2
Username: Lefty2

Post Number: 720
Posted on Thursday, December 06, 2007 - 11:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Weren't these espionage traitors the ones funneling money from the restaurants to middle eastern terror organizations? someone told me that about a year-1/2 ago. Maybe it was some other restaurant owner.

Arab_guyumich
Username: Arab_guyumich

Post Number: 26
Posted on Thursday, December 06, 2007 - 11:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gnome, the victim of Chahine's son was a Lebanese Christian guy.

Alan55
Username: Alan55

Post Number: 839
Posted on Thursday, December 06, 2007 - 11:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Ike's moved"

- Only about 300 yards south, to his own stand-alone restaurant on the east side of Van Dyke, south of 17 Mile Road.

Jt1
Username: Jt1

Post Number: 10926
Posted on Thursday, December 06, 2007 - 11:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My bad - I thought they moved further away.

Arab_guyumich
Username: Arab_guyumich

Post Number: 27
Posted on Thursday, December 06, 2007 - 11:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lefty, the terror charges were eventually dropped. Nobody I know took that accusation seriously, as Chahine is not known as a religious or political person by folks in the community.

Club_boss
Username: Club_boss

Post Number: 217
Posted on Friday, December 07, 2007 - 12:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

He is charged with income tax evasion:
He may not be religious or political, however I would say anyone accused of skimming 16 million dollars from a bunch of restaurants that really are not high end at all and have a limited bar is certainly ingenious.

$16,000,000.00

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.