Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » D'Antonio to MSU!! « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Detroitstar
Username: Detroitstar

Post Number: 338
Posted on Sunday, November 26, 2006 - 11:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

As a Spartan fan, I know not to get too excited, but I think this was the best possible hire!!

MSU: Returning to Excellence for the past 40 years!

Genesyxx
Username: Genesyxx

Post Number: 621
Posted on Monday, November 27, 2006 - 8:30 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'll rejoice halfway into next season.

Swgz31
Username: Swgz31

Post Number: 33
Posted on Monday, November 27, 2006 - 3:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

He was the best fit for the job in my opinion, we'll just have to wait and see how it goes from here.

Smogboy
Username: Smogboy

Post Number: 4036
Posted on Monday, November 27, 2006 - 8:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

For all the resources (money, a solid stadium, a huge student population, a pretty savvy AD) that MSU has, it boggles my mind that they can't get a decent football coach there. I hope that D'Antonio brings some respectability back to that program that John L shucked under the bus the last few years.

Zephyrprocess
Username: Zephyrprocess

Post Number: 147
Posted on Tuesday, November 28, 2006 - 4:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You recruit against Michigan for the top prospects in-state.
You recruit against Ohio State for the top prospects immediately to your south.
You recruit against ND for the top prospects in Indiana and Chicagoland.

That's a major hurdle for any coach at MSU.
(Granted, all three of those other schools recruit nationally.)

Smogboy
Username: Smogboy

Post Number: 4041
Posted on Tuesday, November 28, 2006 - 7:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I can only imagine what the poor coach of Indiana or Illinois has to say in order to entice a kid to play football at their programs.

Justbeamensch
Username: Justbeamensch

Post Number: 55
Posted on Tuesday, November 28, 2006 - 7:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

As a long suffering MSU fan, I think we hold our breath till the next self destruction occurs. I feel sorry for the kids that invest 4 years in a program that seems to keep going back to the drawing board.
Is Mason up to the task of being AD? Seems like State suffers from Lions Syndrome.

Focusonthed
Username: Focusonthed

Post Number: 663
Posted on Wednesday, November 29, 2006 - 4:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Michigan can't take them all. Michigan State has had plenty of talent the last few years. There's just been "something" that's always been missing.

Look at the Tigers. A new coach, a new attitude, a few choice additions to the program, and essentially the same team won 25 more games.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.