Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » Tigers announce 2007 ticket prices. « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Thnk2mch
Username: Thnk2mch

Post Number: 510
Posted on Monday, November 27, 2006 - 3:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Tigers announce 2007 ticket prices

November 27, 2006

Email this Print this FREE PRESS STAFF
The Tigers announced ticket prices for the 2007 season, with increases introduced for five seating levels. Ten seating price levels remain unchanged.

The on-deck circle ($65), infield box ($40), outfield box ($30), rightfield grandstand ($20) and bleacher ($10) area prices have all been increased.

The areas unchanged for next season: Tiger Den ($60), terrace ($35), club seats ($25), upper box infield, rightfield, leftfield ($20), pavilion ($15), mezzanine ($15), upper reserved ($12) and skyline ($5).

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs .dll/article?AID=/20061127/NEW S99/61127030

Focusonthed
Username: Focusonthed

Post Number: 660
Posted on Monday, November 27, 2006 - 3:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That's not bad, considering.

Supersport
Username: Supersport

Post Number: 10914
Posted on Monday, November 27, 2006 - 3:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wonder if we'll still get out free vouchers for additional games. :-)

Smogboy
Username: Smogboy

Post Number: 4035
Posted on Monday, November 27, 2006 - 8:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Any unchanging of prices for sporting events is a sight for sore eyes and depleted wallets.

It was a wonderful tough being a Detroit sports fan the last few years. We had so many choices to so many good teams (Lions notwithstanding) to go and see.

Spiritofdetroit
Username: Spiritofdetroit

Post Number: 71
Posted on Tuesday, November 28, 2006 - 1:19 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

interesting, my 21 game plan has turned into a 27 game plan....

Bobj
Username: Bobj

Post Number: 1530
Posted on Tuesday, November 28, 2006 - 3:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I noticed that as well - 27 instead of 21. I am sure I will be selling more tickets with that many games - I struggled to go to 21.

Cynknight
Username: Cynknight

Post Number: 80
Posted on Thursday, January 11, 2007 - 12:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The price of my ticket package went up 60% - 20% price difference, plus tickets to 7 additional games. Who's going to want to buy tickets for weekday games in April? Plus, my season ticket partner has said she won't go - so I'm totally out of luck.

Jrvass
Username: Jrvass

Post Number: 2
Posted on Thursday, January 11, 2007 - 10:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I rejoined with 2-15 game tix. Saturday package. I haven't had season tix since the strike season.

Great seats though. S327, R12, on the aisle with S328. Right in line with the pitcher & ump. People standing up to take a leak don't block your view from 30 seats away.

Aside from StL and NYY, whatever I don't gift to family I'll sell at work. I just want to get the post season(?) seats. Sell the early round games at face, make $ on the later round games, have good seats for the World Series clincher game(s).

That's my plan. You too?

James

Southofeight
Username: Southofeight

Post Number: 30
Posted on Tuesday, January 16, 2007 - 9:38 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Pitchers and catchers report in less than 30 days. Funny, my season package swelled to 27, too. Sure it's more money, but I really don't care. Last season was amazing, a great time to be a fan and I think a pretty just reward for people like us who hung in there over the years.

I don't like seeing escalated ticket prices, either. I guess we can only fret over shit we can control. Focusonthe D is right, the hike isn't too bad considering the success they had.

That sounds like a solid plan, James. I intend on doing the same.

Alsodave
Username: Alsodave

Post Number: 779
Posted on Tuesday, January 16, 2007 - 10:08 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Pitchers and catchers report

The four best words in the English language...

:-)

Ravine
Username: Ravine

Post Number: 507
Posted on Tuesday, January 16, 2007 - 10:46 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ach, aye.

Southofeight
Username: Southofeight

Post Number: 34
Posted on Tuesday, January 16, 2007 - 1:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So true, Dave. And jrvass, that's a great place to sit. I like that view, looking down on the plate, some of the best seats in the house, I think. We're in sec. 336, also right on the aisle. I had no idea how convenient the aisle seat was until we sat there for a season.

Jrvass
Username: Jrvass

Post Number: 5
Posted on Tuesday, January 16, 2007 - 9:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

336 is cool too. I have a picture of Ernie & Paul from that same vantage point. Their last game at Tiger stadium. Ernie later signed my ticket.

Our old seats in Tiger Stadium were on the edge of the screen, right next to a pole. Back then, we had to go down there and pick them out.

Walk through the Tiger offices. Old pictures on the wall, then out into the stadium! The salesman tried to stick us on the right field foul line. Pass. It was cold. But we were in no hurry, unlike him.

They had street signs on poles, marking the bases and mound. Weird.

Eventually we kept passing on seats (3 or 4 times) until we got the ones behind home plate.

This time I did it all electronically.

I love living in the 21st century! :-)

James

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.