Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » Fred McLeod leaves Detroit « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Smogboy
Username: Smogboy

Post Number: 4057
Posted on Monday, December 04, 2006 - 1:02 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Aww shucks, it was actually kind of tough seeing good ol' relaible Fred McLeod on the Sports Final Edition earlier tonight tearing up. I didn't know that he's leaving us for the chance to do play-by-play in Cleveland up until tonight.

I always thought he was a consumate professional on the air and seemed like a nice guy all around. I couldn't believe that he's actually been around our town for over 20+ years doing the sports casts.

And while the local TV sports journalism scene has died down within the last dozen or so years, I think I'm going to miss his touch of class and dignity around these parts.
Top of pageBottom of page

Tayshaun22
Username: Tayshaun22

Post Number: 339
Posted on Saturday, January 27, 2007 - 9:21 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I couldn't stand that guy. He came to our HS with the "State Champs" sports show and acted like he owned the place.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.