Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » Tigers Individual Tickets - Any Success? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Jerome81
Username: Jerome81

Post Number: 1322
Posted on Saturday, March 03, 2007 - 10:42 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm in town for a wedding in July. Boston weekend. I keep getting some virtual waiting room and automatic refresh for Sunday's game, but I never seem to actually ENTER a waiting room.

Calling 66 tiger also gets me a busy signal.

I wish for any other team that day besides Boston or New York. This sucks. I need 12 tickets for the family members and I suspect I'm gonna be a victim of the "regular guy can't ever get tickets to the big games" problem. I know that's the way it goes, but I'm betting there will be tons of tickets available, just for 3x their face value.

Anyone having any success? I've been trying for 35 minutes without getting anything....

Yupislyr
Username: Yupislyr

Post Number: 188
Posted on Saturday, March 03, 2007 - 11:16 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Try opening multiple windows. Tickets.com allows you to open as many windows as you want and it seems to be the luck of the draw as to whether or not you get in.

Detroitstar
Username: Detroitstar

Post Number: 533
Posted on Saturday, March 03, 2007 - 11:19 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I just got 12 for the game on my birthday vs. the White Sox! I waited about 10 minutes (that was at 10:02).

Jerome81

Post Number: 1324
Posted on Saturday, March 03, 2007 - 4:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I got some at 11:15 I finally got in through the tigers website.

Besides the tigers website, does anyone also sell tickets on behalf of the tigers? You mention tickets.com. Are they sorta a virtual box office or are they a ticket broker and are just reselling what they already bought? Sorta like stubhub?

I think it took me so long because I was trying to get Boston. Maybe if it was another team, it would have been faster.

Unfortunately I am upper deck, though still in the infield. Was hoping to get lower level. Oh well. Should still be fun. Trying to get 12 tickets didn't help :-)

Knocturnal
Username: Knocturnal

Post Number: 195
Posted on Sunday, March 04, 2007 - 12:35 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

They can't be a ticket broker because they would resell for far above face value. It must be an agreement among some MLB teams. Some sites are more user friendly. For instance, I purchased some tickets for a Rockies game in CO and was given the option to select tickets in multiple rows, which would make a quantity such as yours to be more likely available in the lower deck. I have seen quite a few teams switch to Tickets.com. Cubs tickets have been posted via the virtual waiting room for quite some time now. I actually was curious about the away team popularity myself, and still had problems trying to select Det/KC tickets due to "high volumes".

Jerome81

Post Number: 1325
Posted on Monday, March 05, 2007 - 12:45 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I didn't see the Tigers on tickets.com, only a handful of teams (Cubs, Rockies, Reds I think).

Focusonthed
Username: Focusonthed

Post Number: 861
Posted on Monday, March 05, 2007 - 1:05 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I forgot to log on Saturday, but I just went on and got SRO to Yankees and some upper reserved to Cardinals.

Yupislyr
Username: Yupislyr

Post Number: 190
Posted on Monday, March 05, 2007 - 1:12 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://tickets.com/tigers_link s.html

Or just click on any buy tickets link on detroittigers.com and look at the URL, you'll be on tickets.com

Jerome81

Post Number: 1327
Posted on Tuesday, March 06, 2007 - 8:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Huh. I actually thought the tigers website went through ticketmaster.

Oh well. You get to the same spot either way :-)

Jrvass
Username: Jrvass

Post Number: 44
Posted on Wednesday, March 07, 2007 - 9:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I've got about 10 games left out of a Saturday 15-game package. I want to keep about 3 or 4 games.

I've got the dates available (somewhere). The cat made a mess of my desk and I still haven't gone through the contortions to find the piece of paper that the dates that have been asked for or on. I still remember them. But don't remember the other dates or promotions.

All Saturday. Opening day (Mon. is gone). There is one Thur. night game. Sec 327 on aisle w/ 328. Right behind home plate. Row 12. 2 Tix. Face value. $20 ea./$40 game.

Naturally, anyone who buys regular season tix will get 1st consideration for the playoffs. I am thinking of also getting a parking pass.

Dad is getting old and we'll probably use the elevator. Oh well.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.