Discuss Detroit » Archives - July 2007 » Opening Day thoughts? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Rhymeswithrawk
Username: Rhymeswithrawk

Post Number: 605
Posted on Monday, April 02, 2007 - 7:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sure, they lost.
Sure, Bonderman looked rough in the first.
But they did a pretty good job lighting up Cy Young winner Roy Halladay. I have a good feeling.
Though the 12 runs Cleveland plated off the White Sox is scary.

Focusonthed
Username: Focusonthed

Post Number: 897
Posted on Monday, April 02, 2007 - 7:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The White Sox pitching is awful. I wouldn't judge Cleveland by that game. It's just one game. In the same way that I won't judge the Tigers by losing today, I make no judgments of the Indians.

We know from history that Bonderman is prone to having a rough first few innings here and there. He escaped that in the playoffs last year, but it came up again today. He was lights out after what, the 3rd?

The_rock
Username: The_rock

Post Number: 1673
Posted on Monday, April 02, 2007 - 7:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

First game of the season or last game of the season---You can't give up a walk AND a hit batter and expect good things to happen.

The_rock
Username: The_rock

Post Number: 1674
Posted on Monday, April 02, 2007 - 7:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

First game of the season or last game of the season---You can't give up a walk AND a hit batter in the same inning and expect good things to happen.

Rjk
Username: Rjk

Post Number: 664
Posted on Monday, April 02, 2007 - 7:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's the same old story with Bonderman. He gives up multiple runs early then he settles down and pitches very well during his remaining time in the game. He has to find a way to pitch a complete 7-8 innings and that includes the 1st and 2nd innings. He's the number one starter and he's being paid like a number one starter, he needs to start pitching like one.

Bobj
Username: Bobj

Post Number: 1895
Posted on Monday, April 02, 2007 - 8:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

161 more games to go, it will be fine!

Erikd
Username: Erikd

Post Number: 836
Posted on Monday, April 02, 2007 - 8:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bonderman pitched quite well today, even in the first inning.

Of the three hits he gave up in the first inning, only one was well-hit. The other two hits were a misplayed pop-up, that should have been ruled an error, and a very weak ground ball up the middle that barely got out of the infield. Over the next five innings, Bonderman shut down the Jays with 2 hits and no runs.

Bonderman did his job today. If he pitches every game as well as he did today, he will win 20 games.

Kilgore_south
Username: Kilgore_south

Post Number: 218
Posted on Tuesday, April 03, 2007 - 11:25 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yep Bonderman will be fine. It's Fernando Rodney I'm worried about.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.