Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » Watermark « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Rbdetsport
Username: Rbdetsport

Post Number: 421
Posted on Sunday, December 02, 2007 - 12:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I saw this article and it looks like the many other riverfront projects were banking on the Watermark sales.

http://freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll /article?AID=/20071130/BUSINES S04/711300309/1002

Did anyone attend? How were the overall sales?

Downtown_remix
Username: Downtown_remix

Post Number: 545
Posted on Sunday, December 02, 2007 - 12:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This sales center opening will generate state wide curiosity of this outragously amazing condo project, a first of its kind in the entire state of Michigan. Book Caddilac jump started its campaign just like this one. Has anyone seen what had been constructed on the riverfront as a sales center? its huge

Thejesus
Username: Thejesus

Post Number: 2914
Posted on Sunday, December 02, 2007 - 12:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"The Watermark is to feature 112 units in three formats: a tower, a row of marina homes, and a row of townhouses."

so this is basically another Harbortown, just smaller in height, yes?

Royce
Username: Royce

Post Number: 2433
Posted on Sunday, December 02, 2007 - 12:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Has anyone heard of @Water being on both sides of Atwater. This is the first time I have heard of it.

Detroitrise
Username: Detroitrise

Post Number: 964
Posted on Sunday, December 02, 2007 - 1:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"so this is basically another Harbortown, just smaller in height, yes?"

Minus the shopping center and other tower.

Rocket_city
Username: Rocket_city

Post Number: 485
Posted on Sunday, December 02, 2007 - 4:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I wouldn't call any part of this project a tower.

Mackinaw
Username: Mackinaw

Post Number: 4088
Posted on Sunday, December 02, 2007 - 7:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's not hidden from the road like Harbortown, and other similar developments will be built close-by.

Renfirst
Username: Renfirst

Post Number: 142
Posted on Sunday, December 02, 2007 - 10:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bing needs to get 60% or more pre-sales before they can break ground... with 5% down, I'm wondering how many people are actually gone plop down money???

@water Lofts needs to presell 75% before they can get financing to start construction, and each presale must include a 20% nonrefundable deposit. With 500 units split into three phases, I wouldn't risk buying a condo in phase I knowing that phase II and III may never happen.

@twater is never gonna break ground... Watermark possibly, but I doubt they'll break ground before 2011...

People don't realize how bad the loft/condo market is downtown... But you have to have respect for Bing putting so much into the development.

Charlottepaul
Username: Charlottepaul

Post Number: 2080
Posted on Monday, December 03, 2007 - 9:17 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Bing needs to get 60% or more pre-sales before they can break ground... with 5% down, I'm wondering how many people are actually gone plop down money???"

This same thing has basically been said for every condo project, but most of them have gone relatively well.

Lo_to_d
Username: Lo_to_d

Post Number: 25
Posted on Monday, December 03, 2007 - 9:53 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There were approx. 150 people there around noon Sat. with people filtering in and out. I would guess 400 people went through. I would bet they pre-sold at least 10 units.

Royce
Username: Royce

Post Number: 2482
Posted on Wednesday, January 02, 2008 - 2:44 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What's the latest going on here, especially since the Griswold is a bust? Will, this development follow the Griswold or actually come to fruition?

E_hemingway
Username: E_hemingway

Post Number: 1481
Posted on Wednesday, January 02, 2008 - 10:14 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Watermark might have a slightly better chance for two reasons. One the developer, Dave Bing, is such a staunch supporter of the city he might be willing to stick out a few more hardships than a normal developer to make it happen. Two, the people who bought at or were willing to buy at the Griswold might migrate over to the Watermark.

El_jimbo
Username: El_jimbo

Post Number: 465
Posted on Wednesday, January 02, 2008 - 11:04 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Also,

What these two developments offer that the Griswold did not, is the riverfront.

Bob
Username: Bob

Post Number: 1626
Posted on Wednesday, January 02, 2008 - 12:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

And don't have a timeline for having to break ground in conjunction with the BC opening. They can wait out getting the sales a little longer.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.