Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » Donations - toys « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Valerie
Username: Valerie

Post Number: 24
Posted on Tuesday, December 11, 2007 - 2:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi- My husband and I are having a "Making Spirits Bright" holiday party this year where we are asking our guests to bring donations. We are donating food and monetary donations to the All Saints Loaves and Fishes Soup Kitchen/Food Pantry.

I have had some individuals ask us whether or not they could donate toys (I belive they are unused) - so I was trying to think of a place that would appreciate an unexpected delivery of toys this holiday season. I was thinking along the lines of a battered women's shelter or somewhere else that helps single women and their children. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

Oldredfordette
Username: Oldredfordette

Post Number: 3406
Posted on Tuesday, December 11, 2007 - 3:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Call Central United Methodist Church
(313) 965-5422

Pmb
Username: Pmb

Post Number: 22
Posted on Tuesday, December 11, 2007 - 3:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Central Methodist is good, as suggested. Spirit of Hope (MLK & Trumbull) is also doing a toy give-away on Saturday, Dec. 22nd, so donations could be used there as well. 313-964-3113

Valerie
Username: Valerie

Post Number: 25
Posted on Tuesday, December 11, 2007 - 4:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Pmb - Do you know what time the toy give-away at Spirit of Hope is on the 22nd? Our party is the 21st so I would have to make sure I could get over there before it's over.

Reddog289
Username: Reddog289

Post Number: 133
Posted on Wednesday, December 12, 2007 - 2:20 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

and there,s always toys for tots.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.