Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » What's that sound at Vernor and Clark? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Lowell
Board Administrator
Username: Lowell

Post Number: 4361
Posted on Friday, December 14, 2007 - 10:50 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Another one in from the email bag today... Oh those artists!
quote:

Hello Lowell,

Hope all is well! Jeff Sturges here…the ole Cranbrook student who lit up the HP Assy Plant way back when... [click here to see that - lb]

Just thought I’d forward this on to you…perhaps you could put it up on detroityes or wherever appropriate?

UNSILENT NIGHT
a boombox holiday caroling experience

SATURDAY DEC 15th 7pm
at the corner of Vernor and Clark St

www.unsilentnight.com

My friend Garrett and I used to do this in New York, and since he recently moved to Detroit decided to ask the artist to allow him to execute it there . It is a terrific group thing and you and friends/fam should definitely join if you can…I think you’d love it!

Happy Holidays!

Lowell
Board Administrator
Username: Lowell

Post Number: 4362
Posted on Friday, December 14, 2007 - 10:56 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

...and the flyer...

Unsilent Night Detroit

Rhymeswithrawk
Username: Rhymeswithrawk

Post Number: 1077
Posted on Monday, December 17, 2007 - 10:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ha. And here I thought this post was about the incessant pounding from the massive road project under way over there. Anyone in Hubbard Farms will know exactly what I'm talking about: BONG. BONG. BONG. BONG. BONG. BONG.

Funaho
Username: Funaho

Post Number: 3
Posted on Tuesday, December 18, 2007 - 2:48 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I go down there every 2 or 3 weeks to take pictures of the progress for my web site and I was watching one of the pile drivers for about 15 minutes...man those suckers are loud. Fortunately though from what I can tell a lot of that work is wrapping up, because they're driving piles for retaining walls which are mostly done now. Of course, it'll all start up again in in feb for the BIG work.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.