Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » The Metro Central Alliance idea. United Together in a Prosperous future « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Miketoronto
Username: Miketoronto

Post Number: 752
Posted on Friday, December 14, 2007 - 9:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What do you guys think of my little idea below. Think if could work??

-----
THE METRO CENTRAL ALLIANCE
United TOGETHER in a Prosperous Future

The Metro Central Alliance, will be a group that will include the

CITY OF DETROIT
HAMTRAMCK
HIGHLAND PARK
THE GROOSE POINTES
HARPER WOODS
EASTPOINTE
WARREN
HAZEL PARK
FERNDALE
ROYAL OAK TOWNSHIP
PLEASENT RIDGE
ROYAL OAK
OAK PARK
SOUTHFIELD
REDFORD
DEARBORN
DEARBORN HEIGHTS
RIVER ROUGH
LIVONIA

Together the City of Detroit, and it's inner suburbs will partner on common issues facing all communities, including economic development, that will not only help Detroit regain its place as the epicentre of the region, but help Detroit's suburban neighbours partake in the renaissance.

The Metro Central Alliance will include the following campaigns in it's mandate.

The Campaign for a vibrant sustainable Downtown Detroit.

Quality schools for all campaign.

Living in the central Metro region is Great campaign. Working at making the core municipalities more attractive and sustainable places to live, work, and play.

The Campaign for greener communities including working together on cross city boundary parks and trails.

Focus on the new economy campaign, to further allow Metro Detroit to tap into the new economy, and make the Metro Central region the heart of the new economy.

Detroitrise
Username: Detroitrise

Post Number: 1094
Posted on Friday, December 14, 2007 - 9:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'll let you know my opinion when it's in effect. Otherwise, it's nothing but a dream (a good dream, but a dream none the less).

Mbr
Username: Mbr

Post Number: 270
Posted on Friday, December 14, 2007 - 10:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://www.michigansuburbsalli ance.org/

Charlottepaul
Username: Charlottepaul

Post Number: 2144
Posted on Saturday, December 15, 2007 - 3:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Miketoronto, your idea is very plausible. If the inner-ring suburbs don't realise it already (which I think that many of them do), they have a lot more in common with Detroit than they do the outer ring suburbs such as West Bloomfield or Auburn Hills.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.