Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » Appalachian State Wins 3rd Straight Title « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Lilpup
Username: Lilpup

Post Number: 3217
Posted on Saturday, December 15, 2007 - 11:22 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mountaineers Down Delaware In Title Game

I'm sure they could have beaten many division 1-A teams, but beating "Little Michigan" in the title game is kinda funny. They finished the season 13-2.

Drankin21
Username: Drankin21

Post Number: 136
Posted on Saturday, December 15, 2007 - 11:34 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

How many batteries does it take to light up Michigan Stadium?

1-AA

Yaktown
Username: Yaktown

Post Number: 275
Posted on Saturday, December 15, 2007 - 11:37 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Non-Detroit?

Drankin21

Post Number: 138
Posted on Saturday, December 15, 2007 - 11:40 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

AnnArborYES!?

Supersport
Username: Supersport

Post Number: 11729
Posted on Saturday, December 15, 2007 - 11:40 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ann Arbor is a suburb of Detroit, that suburb is where Appalachian State beat U of M, so I think it is allowed here by default. :-)

Question: How come nobody wants to coach U of M football?

Drankin21

Post Number: 139
Posted on Saturday, December 15, 2007 - 11:48 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Michigan is getting b-slapped since the timing of their announcement/Lloyds's retirement/coaching search could not be worse. They (Bill Martin et al) claim to want to take the high road and not interfere with coaches that have a job to do but what coach would be worth hiring UNLESS he had a job to do right now? This announcement should have waited until after the bowl games but U of Arrogance thought people would come running once they threw open the doors.

Funny that they are looking at a coach running the spread offense. Running a spread in the Big Ten Worked really well in East Lansing didn't it John L?

what a joke and how sad

Chitaku
Username: Chitaku

Post Number: 1735
Posted on Saturday, December 15, 2007 - 12:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Appalachianyes.com

Focusonthed
Username: Focusonthed

Post Number: 1535
Posted on Saturday, December 15, 2007 - 1:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Funny that they are looking at a coach running the spread offense. Running a spread in the Big Ten Worked really well in East Lansing didn't it John L?

Actually, it did. Offense was never a problem for recent MSU teams.

E_hemingway
Username: E_hemingway

Post Number: 1459
Posted on Saturday, December 15, 2007 - 3:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm a huge UofM fan, alumni and basically raised on UofM football. I've been to more games at the Big House than I can remember, including the App State game. As much as it feels I should hate the Mountaineers, I just can't. Not only was I actually cheering for them to threepeat I wasn't angry when they beat us. I was more shocked and angry at my own team for letting it happen. App State beating Michigan was the All-American underdog story. They made the most of a chance of a lifetime and, I feel I should be ashamed for saying this, I am glad for them. I wish that team nothing but the best. However, that sentiment only extends to App State. Ohio State can burn in hell.

Royce
Username: Royce

Post Number: 2451
Posted on Saturday, December 15, 2007 - 5:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Maybe Michigan should seek out the head coach of Appalachian State. He's clearly a proven winner.

Docmo
Username: Docmo

Post Number: 313
Posted on Saturday, December 15, 2007 - 6:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Royce,

He's an old guy. Great coach, though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J erry_Moore

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.