Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » Freep videos gives a driving tour of the entire city » Freep: Driving Detroit « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Jimaz
Username: Jimaz

Post Number: 4063
Posted on Sunday, December 16, 2007 - 5:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

On the front page today begins a 5-part series about Bill McGraw's odyssey driving down every single street in Detroit.

Included in the hardcopy edition is a beautiful two-page color-coded street map showing areas designated: new construction, well-maintained, mixed, much abandonment and prairie. This looks like a keeper.

DRIVING DETROIT: It's worse than you think -- but better, too

The hardcopy map appeared with the story A quick peek led to a long drive but I can't find the map online. Did I miss it?

Dustin89
Username: Dustin89

Post Number: 166
Posted on Sunday, December 16, 2007 - 5:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This is impressive...just from seeing what was on the Freep website, it looks like one of the best newspaper features or stories I've read in a while. What a fantastic way to be truly familiar with the city, and get an accurate idea of where it stands.

Detroitrise
Username: Detroitrise

Post Number: 1143
Posted on Sunday, December 16, 2007 - 6:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

well then...

https://www.atdetroit.net/forum/messages/10041/121834.html?1197315165

https://www.atdetroit.net/forum/messages/5/122501.html?1197841753

(Message edited by DetroitRise on December 16, 2007)

Rhymeswithrawk
Username: Rhymeswithrawk

Post Number: 1073
Posted on Sunday, December 16, 2007 - 6:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well then what?
And I don't think the huge map made it online. Probably too hard to read.
A bonus for those who buy the print edition, I suppose.

Detroitrise
Username: Detroitrise

Post Number: 1144
Posted on Sunday, December 16, 2007 - 6:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well then, as in this is another multiple thread.

Rhymeswithrawk
Username: Rhymeswithrawk

Post Number: 1076
Posted on Sunday, December 16, 2007 - 6:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well then, good thing you've taken the time to point that out. Who cares? One is on the video, the other on the print edition story and map. Could they have been consolidated into one post? Sure, but who cares?

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.