Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » Uptown Theater??? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Ed_golick
Username: Ed_golick

Post Number: 889
Posted on Monday, December 17, 2007 - 6:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I know this isn't the RKO Uptown at 6 & Woodward. Could it be the Uptown on Mack? I got the photo from a friend who told me that it was taken in the Detroit area, but he doesn't think that it's the Mack Uptown because "no self-respecting Jew would pose for a photo on the east side."

uptown

56packman
Username: 56packman

Post Number: 1940
Posted on Monday, December 17, 2007 - 6:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ed, the Andrew Craig Morrison lists the Uptown on Mack (14407 Mack) and the aforementioned RKO Uptown in HP (AKA "Six mile Uptown"). I know that it's not the latter. One possibility re:
"no self respecting Jew would be pose for a photo on the east side"--what if he owned the theater?

Do you have a big copy of the photo for the Packman's Detroit movie theatre collection?

Ed_golick
Username: Ed_golick

Post Number: 890
Posted on Monday, December 17, 2007 - 7:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

56packman,
Shoot me an email and I'll send you a copy.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.