Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » Another murder in Plymouth « Previous Next »
Archive through December 21, 2007Iheartthed30 12-21-07  9:57 am
  ClosedNew threads cannot be started on this page. The threads above are previous posts made to this thread.        

Top of pageBottom of page

Thejesus
Username: Thejesus

Post Number: 3108
Posted on Friday, December 21, 2007 - 10:20 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

^and maybe you can't read...big f-ing surprise there.

Thejesus

Post Number: 3110
Posted on Friday, December 21, 2007 - 10:34 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hate to say I told you so, but it turns out the shooter lives in Redford, NOT Plymouth (or Detroit for that matter, even though he grew up there, but none of that is relevant, even if Detroitrise thinks it is)...

You all need to quit with the PC nonsense...all it does is make you dumber and prevent you from making logical inferences which causes you to miss what is right in front of you

luckily the police who solved this crime aren't afraid of making logical inferences simply because it might offend someone, otherwise we'd still be looking for the shooter

Iheartthed
Username: Iheartthed

Post Number: 2408
Posted on Friday, December 21, 2007 - 10:39 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

luckily the police who solved this crime aren't as dense as some of the posters on this board, otherwise we'd still be looking for the shooter

Gee, a person is murdered at gas station across the street from his job and the same day another employee of this facility attempts suicide. I bet they had to phone up Magnum PI to help them piece that one together!

Thejesus

Post Number: 3111
Posted on Friday, December 21, 2007 - 10:44 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

^shocking, isn't it? So simple and yet Detective Detroitrise would still be out there looking for a Plymouth resident.

Jt1
Username: Jt1

Post Number: 11093
Posted on Friday, December 21, 2007 - 11:00 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

So simple and yet Detective Detroitrise would still be out there looking for a Plymouth resident.

DR would be looking for a Plymouth resident, you would be looking for a Detroit resident. The suspect would be hanging out at home in Redford untouched by either of you.

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 4323
Posted on Friday, December 21, 2007 - 11:03 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LOL. I think you're right Jt1.

Oh, and, uh.... just one more question ma'am.

Thejesus

Post Number: 3114
Posted on Friday, December 21, 2007 - 11:12 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"DR would be looking for a Plymouth resident, you would be looking for a Detroit resident. The suspect would be hanging out at home in Redford untouched by either of you."

Apparently you didn't read the part about him attempting suicide on Belle Isle, but that's ok.

Anyway, without any leads, I'd be looking in Southfield, Detroit and Redford, and as soon as I heard that a man fitting the description of the shooter mysteriously tried to commit suicide on Belle Isle in Detroit, I'd make the logical inference that there might be a connection (just like the police did).

Where I wouldn't be looking, however, is Plymouth, since the victim was not from Plymouth and, from witness accounts, appeared to know the shooter.

And because he was only in Plymouth because of his job, I would also be looking for anyone at his job that might have had a grudge against him (just like the police did).

Pretty neat how that works, eh?

Jt1

Post Number: 11094
Posted on Friday, December 21, 2007 - 11:12 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well know that we know you are opening your search form your original opinion of Detroit. Slideing requirements and expanding searches after the fact is pretty neat.

You painted yourself in the corner on this one so changing your 'search' area after the fact doesn't work in this case.

If a white person commits a crime in Detroit which communities would be on your radar for an invetsigation?

Iheartthed

Post Number: 2409
Posted on Friday, December 21, 2007 - 11:13 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

^You wouldn't check Grosse Pointe? Grosse Pointe is much closer to Belle Isle than either Southfield or Reford.

Jt1

Post Number: 11095
Posted on Friday, December 21, 2007 - 11:14 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

^You wouldn't check Grosse Pointe? Grosse Pointe is much closer to Belle Isle than either Southfield or Reford.

The only places he would check are Detroit, Redford, Southfield (and if he hit dead ends there) either Pontiac or Ypsi. :-)

Iheartthed

Post Number: 2410
Posted on Friday, December 21, 2007 - 11:16 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

The only places he would check are Detroit, Redford, Southfield (and if he hit dead ends there) either Pontiac or Ypsi. :-)

Then Harlem... and if that doesn't turn up anything the search continues on to Africa!

Thejesus

Post Number: 3116
Posted on Friday, December 21, 2007 - 11:18 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

JT1:

I only painted myself into a corner in your mind since, as I stated (and which was obvious from the post I was replying to) the whole point of me posting that was to point out that it appeared that the shooter was NOT from Plymouth

Just admit that you and some of the other clowns here and just overly sensitive whenever someone talks about Detroit.

Can you honestly tell me that if the shooter had been a Jewish guy who fled to West Bloomfield after the shooting, and I had said, "well, it sounds like the shooter might have been from West Bloomfield", that you and the other posters here would still be going apeshit?

Let's see if you can be honest...

Jt1

Post Number: 11096
Posted on Friday, December 21, 2007 - 11:22 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

TJ - You completely miss the fact that your comments were only pointed out because of your past posts here. Your generalizations and condescending attitude make you an easy target to get riled up.

I know this will fall on deaf ears because it is obvious that you believe all of your generalizations and assumptions are accurate.

Personally, I give you hell on stuff like this because I like getting you worked up so you can say how brilliant you are and post more of your generalizations.

It is a fun game for me.

quote:

Can you honestly tell me that if the shooter had been a Jewish guy who fled to West Bloomfield after the shooting, and I had said, "well, it sounds like the shooter might have been from West Bloomfield", that you and the other posters here would still be going apeshit?

If it came from you I would point out how you, yet again, made an assumption based upon your little generalizations.

Jt1

Post Number: 11097
Posted on Friday, December 21, 2007 - 11:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Now on a side note: I don't see you dismissing specific crimes in Detroit when the suspect is not from the city. Why is that?

Thejesus

Post Number: 3117
Posted on Friday, December 21, 2007 - 11:29 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"If it came from you I would point out how you, yet again, made an assumption based upon your little generalizations."

All I can say is lucky for us you're not a police Detective, since making logical inferences is a big part of the job.

You're still not being honest with yourself, and I'm kinda disappointed to see that.

Jt1

Post Number: 11098
Posted on Friday, December 21, 2007 - 11:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

All I can say is lucky for us you're not a police Detective, since making logical inferences is a big part of the job.

Well there is a gigantic leap. I point out how you (not a detective) make wide generalizations and seem to justify them no matter the situation.

quote:

You're still not being honest with yourself, and I'm kinda disappointed to see that.

Hello Pot, I'm kettle.

Thejesus

Post Number: 3118
Posted on Friday, December 21, 2007 - 11:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"I don't see you dismissing specific crimes in Detroit when the suspect is not from the city. Why is that?"

Give me a specific instance and I'll gladly tell you whether the fact that it happened in Detroit is relevant or not.

I'm guessing that you won't do this though since your smart enough to know better than let me show you why your wrong, yet again.

Jt1

Post Number: 11099
Posted on Friday, December 21, 2007 - 11:35 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Give me a specific instance and I'll gladly tell you whether the fact that it happened in Detroit is relevant or not.

So you are the one that gets to make that distinction. Nice to see that you are rational about it.

quote:

I'm guessing that you won't do this though since your smart enough to know better than let me show you why your wrong, yet again.

Nice response. Although it has no merit whatsoever. This statement sums up exactly why people like to get you riled up. You are too arrogant to ever believe that you are wrong.

If you would like I can send you a map so you can see that Redford is not Detroit. :-)

Thejesus

Post Number: 3119
Posted on Friday, December 21, 2007 - 11:40 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

taking the easy out, huh? I don't blame you.

Next time don't be so sensitive and don't overreact and you won't find yourself in this situation.

Iheartthed

Post Number: 2411
Posted on Friday, December 21, 2007 - 11:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I can't believe we have degrees from the same school. I want my fucking money back.

Thejesus

Post Number: 3122
Posted on Friday, December 21, 2007 - 11:51 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

^Michigan let YOU in? Are you shitting me? Oh wait, nevermind...pre-2006

Jt1

Post Number: 11101
Posted on Friday, December 21, 2007 - 11:53 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

taking the easy out, huh? I don't blame you.

Next time don't be so sensitive and don't overreact and you won't find yourself in this situation.

Again, it is useless discussing anything with someone who is so narrow in their views and egocentric that they always right, no matter what the fact say.

quote:

^they let you in? Are you shitting me? Oh wait, nevermind...pre-2006

And more assumptions from TJ.

Iheartthed

Post Number: 2412
Posted on Friday, December 21, 2007 - 11:53 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

^Michigan let YOU in? Are you shitting me? Oh wait, nevermind...pre-2006

If Michigan is turning out idiots like you then Affirmative Action is the least of threats to the integrity of it's legacy.

Johnlodge

Post Number: 4329

Jt1

Post Number: 11102
Posted on Friday, December 21, 2007 - 11:55 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well screw you too JL. :-)

Merry Christmas, Happy Hannukha, Happy Kwanzaa and Hapy New years to you.

Thejesus

Post Number: 3124
Posted on Friday, December 21, 2007 - 11:56 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

JL:

I nominate you for DY Man of the Year. ; )

Johnlodge

Post Number: 4330
Posted on Friday, December 21, 2007 - 11:56 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You guys rock.

Iheartthed

Post Number: 2413
Posted on Friday, December 21, 2007 - 11:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Happy Three Kings Day.

Detroitrise
Username: Detroitrise

Post Number: 1172
Posted on Friday, December 21, 2007 - 12:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

For future reference in everyone's book on here, I didn't make any false assumptions on where the man lived, I waited on the information before making them. That fact is he committed a crime and that was that. So Thejesus, I could care less what city he came from, let along if he came from Plymouth or where ever. However, I did want to point out your wrong (and I did that perfectly fine from what I can see). To you, if it smells like a duck, talks like a duck and walks like a duck, it's automatically a duck! Generalizing me and others in the world isn't going to make you seem anymore righteous or smarter than the next idiot.

Thejesus

Post Number: 3126
Posted on Friday, December 21, 2007 - 12:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

^great...now go rob a liquor store..I'm sure you're strapped for cash this time of year

Club_boss
Username: Club_boss

Post Number: 249
Posted on Friday, December 21, 2007 - 12:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The question of residency is irrelevant, to me anyway.

We have two men (middle age or close enough), who knew each other through employment, both worked the third shift, the perpetrator was a sergeant; the victim was a lieutenant (his supervisor- and I would say shift supervisor)

They simply ran into each other by chance, or it was planned by one of them, if not both.

The sergeant whips out a revolver and shoots his boss and fires his weapon more than 12 times.

There were at least 12 spent brass shell casings on the pavement, indicating the gunman took the time to reload a snub-nosed .38-caliber revolver at least twice?
In a revolver, shells stay inside unless they are dumped during reloading.

Now I would say this was a crime of passion.

The lieutenant was not married; there was a wedding in the works for the spring.

To suggest how their residence has a bearing in these facts is unknown to me.

If the suggestion has to do with the color of their skin, well these men don’t really fit the profile, as both men are older than the profiled group of 15-24 year-old black males, who suffer from homicide as being their leading cause of death.

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pb cs.dll/article?AID=/20071221/M ETRO01/712210370/1408/LOCAL

Raggedclaws
Username: Raggedclaws

Post Number: 107
Posted on Friday, December 21, 2007 - 2:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Club_boss...are you inferring they were passionate about each other ? Cuz I'm thinking it was one of the honeys where they worked.

Club_boss
Username: Club_boss

Post Number: 251
Posted on Friday, December 21, 2007 - 3:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No, and after I reread my post I wondered if some might think that.

I do not believe these two men were having an intimate relationship, nor do I believe these men felt that way towards each other.

Considering the line of work they were in I would give both of them the benefit of the doubt and say these men had a normal life that including not breaking the law and that neither had ever been in trouble w/ the law prior to this instant offense, nor were they involved in any type of nefarious activity.

Additionally for two men around 40 years old, that work in law enforcement, to get in some kind of disagreement at a gas station, that would lead one to shoot at the other one so many times that he empties and recharges his weapon two times, that would suggest (to me anyway) that the shooter was extremely upset at the victim.

Gnome
Username: Gnome

Post Number: 504
Posted on Friday, December 21, 2007 - 5:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'd have to agree, last time someone shot me they were pretty upset as well.

The whole situation is sad for everyone. When something like that happens it scars an entire community. Each of the officers at the prison will be affected by this.

Nothing will ever be the same.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.