Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » Livoinia man tries to prevent blacks from moving to neighborhood » Archive through December 22, 2007 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Thejesus
Username: Thejesus

Post Number: 3127
Posted on Friday, December 21, 2007 - 10:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://detnews.com/apps/pbcs.d ll/article?AID=/20071221/UPDAT E/712210453

I'm really embarrassed by this, since I grew up in Livonia and still work there...

I hope people understand that we aren't all like this idiot...Livonia is not a racist community, but some white racists locate here because the city is largely white.

We welcome anyone looking for a nice, safe place to raise their family, and we do what we can to drive out people like this clown.

Trainman
Username: Trainman

Post Number: 597
Posted on Friday, December 21, 2007 - 10:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The vast majority of Livonia residents welcome people of all nationalities and good public transportation. I wrote an editorial on this in the Livonia newspapers and it was printed. I see many people from all over the World here and have never had any trouble with any of them. They come to shop and work and have every right to come to our city as anyone else.

Silas
Username: Silas

Post Number: 30
Posted on Friday, December 21, 2007 - 11:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don’t know why white people don’t want blacks in the neighborhood. Don’t whites know that blacks are good for a neighborhood? When blacks are in a neighborhood crime goes down, and property values goes up.
When whites talk about crime, they blame blacks. But everyone knows that white people are responsible for all the crime in Detroit?
When blacks do commit crime, it’s not their fault. They’re just trying to survive or to feed their family.
The real criminal is whitey the racist.

Plymouthres
Username: Plymouthres

Post Number: 393
Posted on Friday, December 21, 2007 - 11:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No Silas, the real criminal is ANY racist, be they white or black. Neither side is right and I'm imploring you to just stop as we are, in the eyes of the nation, ALL Detroiters.

In the end, we are always somehow lumped together.

Detroitrise
Username: Detroitrise

Post Number: 1176
Posted on Friday, December 21, 2007 - 11:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you Silas and Plymouthres.

Plymouthres

Post Number: 394
Posted on Friday, December 21, 2007 - 11:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Silas-

In re-reading your post, I was stunned to read your sixth and seventh sentence. WTF? The argument that it is somehow okay to commit crimes to feed your family doesn't wash and makes absolutely no sense. It also has nothing to do with racism.

What is up with some of these sideways opinions? There is no justification for crime or racism. Sheesh.....what a way to obfuscate the issues!!

Crumbled_pavement
Username: Crumbled_pavement

Post Number: 73
Posted on Friday, December 21, 2007 - 11:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That article in the News is b.s. There is no such thing as racism, just reverse racism from lazy blacks who are mad that whites won't give them a welfare job. This newstory is just another example of blacks whining about a non-existant problem

Plymouthres

Post Number: 395
Posted on Friday, December 21, 2007 - 11:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No problem 'Rise. Let's try to at least keep it real here.

Detroitinmyheart
Username: Detroitinmyheart

Post Number: 162
Posted on Friday, December 21, 2007 - 11:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I hope Silas was being sarcastic. At least this is the way I took it.

Otherwise, if by some remote chance he was serious then, he 's a lost cause and defintely racist.

Detroitinmyheart
Username: Detroitinmyheart

Post Number: 163
Posted on Friday, December 21, 2007 - 11:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Damn PAVEMENT,

having a moment?

Obviously there is some truth to the story uf the FBI approved to go ahead with the case.

Plymouthres

Post Number: 399
Posted on Friday, December 21, 2007 - 11:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

C_p-

What do you mean? Is this sarcasm or just stupidity?

Detroitrise

Post Number: 1177
Posted on Friday, December 21, 2007 - 11:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Crumbled_pavement, I would love to know what is the meaning of reverse racism?

A dictionary meaning please, then I would like to know the creator of it.

(Message edited by DetroitRise on December 21, 2007)

Bearinabox
Username: Bearinabox

Post Number: 461
Posted on Saturday, December 22, 2007 - 2:59 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm pretty sure Crumbled_pavement is being sarcastic. Silas, on the other hand, really is that stupid.

Reddog289
Username: Reddog289

Post Number: 150
Posted on Saturday, December 22, 2007 - 3:32 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

had a neighbor in garden city tell my parents 'that he would burn our house down if we sold to blacks' that was 30yrs ago. the man is dead now and he,d have a heart attack if he saw what lives on 'his block'.

Subterranean
Username: Subterranean

Post Number: 4
Posted on Saturday, December 22, 2007 - 3:41 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

People tend to forget that Livonia is an aging population, and though many may not be racist, they very well could be prejudice. I think mistaking those two words is way too common. My grandmother (and grandfather, until he passed away this year) live in west Livonia. She is a second generation, full-blooded Italian small business owner, and a stereotypical conservative Catholic. She is certainly not racist, but she is very much prejudice. I do not know how warranted her beliefs are, but she grew up in Detroit city, and was part of the flight...she is under the impression that blacks come into Livonia from Detroit, rob homes, and bring their winnings back to Detroit via the highway that runs a block from her house. I disclaimer this post that these are her feelings and not mine.

Erichp77
Username: Erichp77

Post Number: 251
Posted on Saturday, December 22, 2007 - 4:49 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Grinch that Stole Livonia!

Gnome
Username: Gnome

Post Number: 509
Posted on Saturday, December 22, 2007 - 6:34 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

One a-hole, turned in by both his black and white neighbors: I take that as a sign of change.

You can always find a jerk, but the cool thing was folks stood up to a bully. I say,
"Good work, Livonia!"

Danny
Username: Danny

Post Number: 6901
Posted on Saturday, December 22, 2007 - 6:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Now I can call that city NAZI-LIVONIA for white folks who are living in their cookie cutter homes would do anything in their power to keep blacks out.

News flash everyone, Blacks live everywhere even in the Amish community. More black folks are moving into Nazi-Livonia for they want good public schools, less violent crime, friendly neighbors, excellent public service and away from the ghettos.

Nazi-Livonia have opt out the SMART bus system and their police are doing a great job stopping black motorists and racially profiling them but its not going to keep black folks from comming into the whitest city in the greater Detroit area.

So deal with it. Diversify yourselves to black folks and any other ethnic folks. Your white city will not last for long. Stop playing race cards.

(Message edited by danny on December 22, 2007)

Iheartthed
Username: Iheartthed

Post Number: 2418
Posted on Saturday, December 22, 2007 - 7:49 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey if you're ever searching for a racist, be sure to check Livonia! It sounds like they have plenty of them... So it would just be a logical place to look for one, right?

Plymouthres

Post Number: 402
Posted on Saturday, December 22, 2007 - 9:52 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gnome-

Very nicely put!

Danny-

For a guy with 6000+ posts, you did more in that one post to wreck any possibility of credibility you could have gained with me by using a racist term like "NAZI-LIVONIA". Your rambling, often incoherent babble is totally unappreciated and not of any worth or value at all pertaining to this thread. You make the best case for those you accuse of their racist tactics. Your words are like a bellows used to fan the flames of hatred and your total lack of intelligence in regard to ALL WHITES in Livonia indicates that you have no interest whatsoever in fixing this problem at all.

Here's a news flash for you, Mr. Hate spouter: Your b.s. is REALLY getting old. This is the worst post of yours that I have ever read. How pathetic.

Talk about playing the "race card"? Damn.

By the way, that "racial profiling" you refer to used to be called good investigative work. You are indeed part of the problem and NOT the solution.

Now YOU deal with it. You really ought to take your own advice first before telling everyone else what THEIR problem is.

Jt1
Username: Jt1

Post Number: 11106
Posted on Saturday, December 22, 2007 - 12:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

By the way, that "racial profiling" you refer to used to be called good investigative work.

Not necessarily.

quote:

I hope people understand that we aren't all like this idiot...Livonia is not a racist community, but some white racists locate here because the city is largely white.

Why is it that you so often generalize Detroit as being a place that is hostile to whites based uon a few incidents but don't take the same approach with Livonia. A little hypocrisy perhaps?

Detroitrise

Post Number: 1180
Posted on Saturday, December 22, 2007 - 12:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jt1, Thejesus think that he has no wrong in the world and everyone else in the world is wrong for thinking so.

Plymouthres

Post Number: 406
Posted on Saturday, December 22, 2007 - 12:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jt1-

Why are you always so hostile to anyone who is trying to get to the bottom of this issue, instead of skirting the issues like so many do here?

You make it so that I don't even want to engage in a conversation with your constant personal attacks of my opinion.

I never have generalized anything and I'm somewhat surprised that you fail to acknowledge that at least I'm trying to understand some of these off the wall statements.

You are really off base with your accusations of hypocrisy, and to take every line that I use apart for the benefit of your assertions rather than the whole kind of concerns me. It also proves glaringly the point that you really don't know me very well.

I do call them like I see them, and, listening to the law enforcement folks that I know(at least 20) I form my own opinions just like you.

I guess from now on I'll just stick my head in the sand and stay out of these conversations since you are so caustic. Your anger prevents you from seeing that we really are on the same side, just not in lock-step.

Jt1

Post Number: 11107
Posted on Saturday, December 22, 2007 - 12:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Res - My first comment was about your profiling post. My second one was towards TJ who has a history of generalizing Detroiters as being hostil towards whites.

The 'not necessaily' was the only comment to your post. I responded to 2 people in one post but may not have made that clear. II agree with your comments to Danny and ignore his work. I do however disagree that 'racial profiling' is always just good investigative work. It is often a tool of abuse.

East_detroit
Username: East_detroit

Post Number: 1315
Posted on Saturday, December 22, 2007 - 1:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

you...You...your...my....I...I 'm....you...I'm....You...your. ..your...me...you...me...I...I ....I...I....you....I....I'll. ...you....Your....you....we

Plymouthres

Post Number: 407
Posted on Saturday, December 22, 2007 - 1:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jt1-

You are right, you were not clear, which, when debating, makes it hard for one to express their opinion rationally. I stand by my statement about profiling, never using the word "always" and, if you knew the folks that I do in the PD's and those that I talk to (white and black, male and female) then you might just agree with me. If you are going to quote me, then please do so accurately, not with what you perceive that I am saying.

Anyway, I'm done with expressing myself as it seems that is the only thing that will make you happy. I hope going it alone with your opinion gets you somewhere. I wish you all the luck in the world, because for my 47 years of experience, you will be living a very lonely existence dismissing other people's opinion like you do.

Iheartthed
Username: Iheartthed

Post Number: 2420
Posted on Saturday, December 22, 2007 - 1:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Jt, remember that this thread was started by the poster that brought us this thoughtful quote:

quote:

^great...now go rob a liquor store..I'm sure you're strapped for cash this time of year

Oh, and this one too:

quote:

^Michigan let YOU in? Are you shitting me? Oh wait, nevermind...pre-2006

Sounds like "generalizations" is a bit of an understatement! In light of this thread, I'm not surprised in the least that the person who I quoted is from Livonia...

Jt1

Post Number: 11108
Posted on Saturday, December 22, 2007 - 1:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A bit sensitive? We disagree on the merits of profiling? I think it is important in investgative work but is often used as a reason for abuse. How my disagreement in that minor point is upsetting is extremely surprising to me.

quote:

Anyway, I'm done with expressing myself as it seems that is the only thing that will make you happy. I hope going it alone with your opinion gets you somewhere. I wish you all the luck in the world, because for my 47 years of experience, you will be living a very lonely existence dismissing other people's opinion like you do.

I am oepn to others opinions. What I find a little surprising is how our difference of opinion in the effectiveness in profiling sets you off. Again, profiling for PD work is good, for harrasement purposes is bad.

Since you brought it up I have a pretty full life. I have a great wife, family and friends.

As to the clarity I concede it wasn't crystal clear but that is wht I quote, then respond to the quote. I would assume that this makes it pretty clear.

Sorry such a minor thing like disagreeing on the merits of profiling causes you such distress. Why it does, I have no idea.

Plymouthres

Post Number: 409
Posted on Saturday, December 22, 2007 - 1:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes, on this issue I am a bit sensitive, which probably has to do with the fact that I have a good number of law enforcement friends who work very hard and are always being crucified by generalizations like the one you made. Also, I never said ALL of the investigative work was good (or bad), that was your line.

As for the rest of your statements, you are really obfuscating what I said. I was just pointing out where you were a bit caustic. You act like I said something about you having no life, and I never did. Again, you take me way out of context!

And no, you are not open to my opinions as you have elected to blow my balls of every time I have opined her, be it in this thread and the others where you have made statements and acquiesced. I have a relatively good reading comprehension and I can see your intent plainly.

You, however, have never seen mine.

No reason to be sorry. Just try to do something constructive rather than create arguments that don't exist by taking my opinions out of context and adding words that I didn't use.

Your last line says it all, you really don't have an idea about me.

Thanks for at least admitting that.

Raggedclaws
Username: Raggedclaws

Post Number: 108
Posted on Saturday, December 22, 2007 - 2:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Great thread. You guys are really easy. Have you ever heard of a troll ? Do you know what one is ?

And great post East_side.

Now go have some nogg.