Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » Camelot Inn,Allen Park Michigan Microwave,Dearborn « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Little_buddy
Username: Little_buddy

Post Number: 36
Posted on Friday, December 28, 2007 - 2:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Does anyone remember either of these two places. Worked at the Camelot Inn as a busboy in the early 70's and as a repairman/handyman in the late 70's at Michigan Microwave. Michigan Microwave sold microwaves and repaired them and also vending machines.

Dodgemain
Username: Dodgemain

Post Number: 205
Posted on Friday, December 28, 2007 - 3:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I remember Camelot. I lived downriver as a kid. It is noe Boomers. This is a nice Allen Park history site. I hope it works.

http://books.google.com/books? id=0ot_YQpn-8UC&pg=PA57&dq=cam elot+inn+allen+park&sig=QKURQ6 K1dQmU3HDRlu6I7uyZQIY#PPA57,M1

Davidruffin
Username: Davidruffin

Post Number: 4
Posted on Friday, December 28, 2007 - 3:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Was the Camelot Inn now whats called the Allen Park Motor Lodge on Southfield Rd? I've lived in Allen Park my whole life, but I'm 24 so I wasn't around back in the 70s.

Dodgemain
Username: Dodgemain

Post Number: 206
Posted on Friday, December 28, 2007 - 3:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There is a pic on page 57 of that site I posted. I cant seem to extract it out of there.

Davidruffin
Username: Davidruffin

Post Number: 5
Posted on Friday, December 28, 2007 - 3:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I guess that answers my question. Great link, Dodge. There are some good pictures and info in that book. I am always intrigued looking at pictures of Allen Park going back to the early 1900s.

9936sussex
Username: 9936sussex

Post Number: 64
Posted on Friday, December 28, 2007 - 4:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Little-buddy: Was the Camelot Inn known for it's prime rib? Somehow, that's what popped into my mind when I read Camelot Inn. I've been there a couple of times. In the 70's.

Tayshaun22
Username: Tayshaun22

Post Number: 388
Posted on Friday, December 28, 2007 - 8:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Camelot Inn is now Boomer's sports bar.

Little_buddy
Username: Little_buddy

Post Number: 38
Posted on Monday, December 31, 2007 - 10:15 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

9936sussex, the Camelot Inn was know for it prime rib, suit and tie after 6pm and the Fox Trot nightly since 1963. They had a 3 piece band that played most nights and the owner and his buddy once they got drinking would get up there and sing. As a busboy you could have anything to eat except the trout,and as much as you wanted to eat and drink(pop,milk). So it was a good deal for a young guy who loved to eat, plus the tips where great.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.