Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » The Abbey on Grand Blvd. « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Maries
Username: Maries

Post Number: 1
Posted on Sunday, December 30, 2007 - 3:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am looking for the address of an old apartment building called The Abbey (or Abby) on Grand Boulevard or Grand River that my grandmother used to manage. My guess is it may not be there anymore, but thought maybe someone might know of it. The building was brick with 3 or more floors and old in the 1950's It also had a large open balcony that ran the length of the interior in a sort of semi-circle. I need the address for some estate paperwork that needs to be filled out. I appreciate any help at all.. thanks!!

Mikem
Username: Mikem

Post Number: 3526
Posted on Sunday, December 30, 2007 - 1:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

885 E Grand Boulevard

Mikem
Username: Mikem

Post Number: 3527
Posted on Sunday, December 30, 2007 - 1:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

BTW, it was spelled Abbey. There was also "The Abbey" at 524 E Adams.

Maries

Post Number: 2
Posted on Sunday, December 30, 2007 - 4:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you so much! BTW, do you know if the building is still there? Marie

Dodgemain
Username: Dodgemain

Post Number: 211
Posted on Sunday, December 30, 2007 - 4:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No, its a field. I checked

Maries

Post Number: 3
Posted on Sunday, December 30, 2007 - 4:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I looked on Zillow, and that address is indeed a field. Do you know if the building burned down or was demolished? Just curious.... Thanks!

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.