Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » Ford Rouge Plant on ABC World News Tonight « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Jmarx
Username: Jmarx

Post Number: 58
Posted on Tuesday, January 15, 2008 - 11:46 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just thought I'd share the video for those interested. This was on yesterday, as part of their series "The Real 24 - One Day in the Life"... (see link below)

Nothing earth-shattering said, but I thought it was nice to devote 5 minutes of 1/2hr broadcast to this fairly balanced report about Ford, the workers, etc...

http://abcnews.go.com/Video/pl ayerIndex?id=4134130

Jjaba
Username: Jjaba

Post Number: 5961
Posted on Tuesday, January 15, 2008 - 1:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jmarx, excellent video. jjaba took the tour recently and it does give a view of the factory, a new look at an old process. jjaba was in the old buildings on school tours in the 1940s.

Today, Ford's Rouge employs 6,000 workers, down from the tops of 100,000 workers on that same site in the Golden years. To crank out 1,000 Ford F-150 trucks a day is quite a feat, eh.

jjaba.

Rb336
Username: Rb336

Post Number: 4517
Posted on Tuesday, January 15, 2008 - 1:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i liked that some of the workers had that old "we ARE going to kick their ass!" attitude -- they came off strong and proud. kudos to them

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.