Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » 2008 DY Michigan Presidential Primary Exit Poll » Archive through January 15, 2008 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Dsmith
Username: Dsmith

Post Number: 155
Posted on Tuesday, January 15, 2008 - 6:19 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

In this thread, Michigan voters only please.
Official polls are open today from 7AM-8PM.
Find your polling location here: https://services2.sos.state.mi .us/mivote/
Michigan democrats have no delegates going to their national convention.

I voted for Republican Ron Paul. What about you?

Bobj
Username: Bobj

Post Number: 3641
Posted on Tuesday, January 15, 2008 - 7:13 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I decided to vote for Mitt

Boshna
Username: Boshna

Post Number: 196
Posted on Tuesday, January 15, 2008 - 7:45 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I just voted for Ron Paul

Wally
Username: Wally

Post Number: 368
Posted on Tuesday, January 15, 2008 - 8:40 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

another vote here for Ron Paul

Higgs1634
Username: Higgs1634

Post Number: 275
Posted on Tuesday, January 15, 2008 - 8:44 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Uncommitted.

Norwalk
Username: Norwalk

Post Number: 168
Posted on Tuesday, January 15, 2008 - 8:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ron Paul

Viziondetroit
Username: Viziondetroit

Post Number: 1358
Posted on Tuesday, January 15, 2008 - 8:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

#15 @ the polls today- this was the shortest amount of time I spent @ the polls ever.

E_hemingway
Username: E_hemingway

Post Number: 1516
Posted on Tuesday, January 15, 2008 - 8:57 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm trying to decide if it's even worth voting today. The weather is nasty, the Democratic National Party has basically turned its back on my state in a time of great need and none of the GOP candidates inspire me to even get out of my nice warm home and wait in line. Even if I do convince myself to go, I don't know whether I am going to vote for Kucinich (at least he paid attention to us and campaigned here), McCain (stand up guy), Paul (why not vote for the grumpy old guy) or Romney (probably the candidate I am leaning the most toward). Is it worth the couple of hours of effort it would take to vote today?

Username: 1953

Post Number: 1522
Posted on Tuesday, January 15, 2008 - 8:59 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

McCain or Romney...I'm leaning McCain.

Dannaroo
Username: Dannaroo

Post Number: 178
Posted on Tuesday, January 15, 2008 - 9:06 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Chalk up another vote for Dr. Paul

Sstashmoo
Username: Sstashmoo

Post Number: 910
Posted on Tuesday, January 15, 2008 - 9:12 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Paul

Thejesus
Username: Thejesus

Post Number: 3238
Posted on Tuesday, January 15, 2008 - 9:14 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"the Democratic National Party has basically turned its back on my state in a time of great need"

boo f*cking hoo hoo...your state's elected officials broke the party's rules and were warned about what would happen if they did, and they did it anyway, so be pissed at them.

Primaries are the party's show...THEY get to decide on the process by which to gauge interest and select the candidate they feel like running in the general election

E_hemingway

Post Number: 1517
Posted on Tuesday, January 15, 2008 - 9:35 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm not absolving the Dingells and the Levins of this mess. But when it comes down to it the national party decided to continue to back the ludicrous system of having Iowa and New Hampshire start everything off. It may be their show but it's a really poorly run one. Why the hell is this election being held in January? Why do the same two states that have little resemblance to the nation overall have such huge clout over the system every election cycle? Why are you defending this mess?

For once the GOP got something right with its response to the state breaking "the rules." Docking the number of delegates was the correct response instead of disenfranchising a whole state. This is a state with problems that need to be addressed on a national level. Not ignored because some pinheads in DC said so. The same pinheads who decided things like the Iraq War and No Child Left Behind were a good ideas. If you want to stand with them be my guest. But you're just showing your own ignorance, which is nothing new for you on this board.

Pam
Username: Pam

Post Number: 3293
Posted on Tuesday, January 15, 2008 - 9:59 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

I'm trying to decide if it's even worth voting today. The weather is nasty,

The sun is coming out, so you can't use weather as an excuse. I think it is worth voting. The convention is a long way off. Who knows what might happen with the delegates by then?

E_hemingway

Post Number: 1518
Posted on Tuesday, January 15, 2008 - 10:04 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Pam, good points. We'll see. The only real chance I have is at the end of the work day, so I'll reassess then.

Zulu_warrior
Username: Zulu_warrior

Post Number: 3286
Posted on Tuesday, January 15, 2008 - 10:41 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dsmith is wrong.

The Dems will have delegates at the convention from Michigan.

Danny
Username: Danny

Post Number: 6969
Posted on Tuesday, January 15, 2008 - 10:45 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Who would win the Michigan Primary?

Hillary R. Clinton DEMOCRAT

John McCain REPUBLICAN

They have Michigan in the bag.

At least the uncomitted will get some delegates in the convention.

Bpjeff
Username: Bpjeff

Post Number: 88
Posted on Tuesday, January 15, 2008 - 10:45 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

McCain

Cjdb16
Username: Cjdb16

Post Number: 174

Uncommitted 08!!

Woot woot!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =W8SdJhVCRJM

Dsmith

Post Number: 156
Posted on Tuesday, January 15, 2008 - 10:48 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Zulu, have proof?

Mackinaw
Username: Mackinaw

Post Number: 4348
Posted on Tuesday, January 15, 2008 - 11:05 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

McCain.

Cinderpath
Username: Cinderpath

Post Number: 379
Posted on Tuesday, January 15, 2008 - 11:24 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ron Paul here

Zulu_warrior
Username: Zulu_warrior

Post Number: 3288
Posted on Tuesday, January 15, 2008 - 11:32 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dsmith:

Here's proof:

http://www.michigandems.com/20 08DSP.pdf

Lefty2
Username: Lefty2

Post Number: 917
Posted on Tuesday, January 15, 2008 - 11:32 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

McLame NO WAY. A shill for the democrats.
Romney is the guy.

65memories
Username: 65memories

Post Number: 506
Posted on Tuesday, January 15, 2008 - 11:38 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

uncommitted

Ja1mz
Username: Ja1mz

Post Number: 78
Posted on Tuesday, January 15, 2008 - 11:40 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I agree Lefty..I went with Mitt also--No turnout in Warren, we were the only ones there voting at our school

Dsmith

Post Number: 157
Posted on Tuesday, January 15, 2008 - 11:40 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Zulu,

Can you cite something or an I supposed to read through 40 pages of legalize? As far as I have read, the only way the Dems delegates will be seated is by the decision of the national nominee, so we 'may' have delegates but they will be seated AFTER the nominee is chosen. Sounds like a throw-away vote to me. Obama and Edwards are not even on the ballot.

Diehard
Username: Diehard

Post Number: 242
Posted on Tuesday, January 15, 2008 - 11:46 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I crossed over to throw one in for Romney. The "uncommitted" option seemed so pointless, so why not do my part to keep things interesting?
Democrats for Romney.
I gotta admit it was weird declaring myself a Republican for a day.

Raptor56
Username: Raptor56

Post Number: 239
Posted on Tuesday, January 15, 2008 - 11:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

After I get out of work, I'm heading straight to my polling station. My dad is a worker at a polling station and said turnout so far has been on the slower side.

Rudy2008

Livernoisyard
Username: Livernoisyard

Post Number: 4853
Posted on Tuesday, January 15, 2008 - 11:51 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yawn! Michigan's GOP and Dem primaries are irrelevant because the Dems (with no contest) will again cross over and vote for McCain, as they did back during 2000.

And this "exit poll"is even more useless, for very obvious reasons. The real primaries still lie ahead.