Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » Anyone here familar with Joe louis arena? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Hockey_guy
Username: Hockey_guy

Post Number: 14
Posted on Saturday, January 19, 2008 - 8:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm going to a concert next month, section 227b. Ticketmaster says there's a obstacle blocking my view. I still bought the tickets because that was all there was left. But I've sat in that area for Red wings games, and have never seen an obstacle.

(Message edited by Hockey_guy on January 19, 2008)

Dannyv
Username: Dannyv

Post Number: 81
Posted on Saturday, January 19, 2008 - 8:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Might be the scoreboard at center ice.

Lilpup
Username: Lilpup

Post Number: 3324
Posted on Saturday, January 19, 2008 - 8:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's probably the way the arena will be set up for the concert - speaker banks, lighting banks, stage rigging, backdrop, etc.

edit: oh, yeah, forgot about the scoreboard

(Message edited by lilpup on January 19, 2008)

321brian
Username: 321brian

Post Number: 533
Posted on Saturday, January 19, 2008 - 9:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You will be side if not back stage. About a 45 degree angle from side stage.

If you look at a seating chart of the Joe picture the front of the stage in the middle of sections 105 and 124 and the stage curtain near the back of the net.

http://redwings.nhl.com/team/a pp?service=page&page=NHLPage&b cid=tic_arena_id=479

Ndavies
Username: Ndavies

Post Number: 2920
Posted on Sunday, January 20, 2008 - 2:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

227b is behind the stage. You'll be looking at the back of the speakers and electronics.

The scoreboard is never an issue. It's on pulleys. They raise it up closer to the rafters for concerts.

Dannyv
Username: Dannyv

Post Number: 82
Posted on Sunday, January 20, 2008 - 3:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://www.ticketmaster.com/se atingchart/65554/21803

According to TicketMaster, the seating chart for the Joe has section 227 in the far, upper deck corner from the stage.

Spitty
Username: Spitty

Post Number: 656
Posted on Sunday, January 20, 2008 - 4:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What has 7 arms and sucks?

--Def Leppard

What concert is it? If you click on Dannyv's link, it shows different set ups based on the event. The Foo Fighters' set up is different from Def Leppard's. The Foo Fighters' set up shows what looks like a second stage at the end of a long runway, so maybe there are lights hanging in the way or something. I think I'm in that same section for the foo fighters but I didn't even bother to try to find out what was obstructing the view.

(Message edited by Spitty on January 20, 2008)

Dustin89
Username: Dustin89

Post Number: 191
Posted on Sunday, January 20, 2008 - 4:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Spitty, that is one of my favorite music jokes ever, but it falls on deaf ears when I spring it on people my age (I'm 18).

Hockey_guy

Post Number: 15
Posted on Sunday, January 20, 2008 - 4:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's Foo fighters. I don't mind being behind the stage as long as I can see the band, and not have it completely blocked. If it's a big problem I'll go stand in a different area.

Hockey_guy

Post Number: 16
Posted on Sunday, January 20, 2008 - 4:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm excited about it though. The last concert I went to was Metallica in 2004 in Columbus. I like the Foo fighters new album a lot. I hope there's no smoking, because it's so hard to breath in a thick cloud of smoke, yuck.

(Message edited by Hockey_guy on January 20, 2008)

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.