Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » Suburban overpolicing « Previous Next »
Archive through January 23, 2008Johnlodge30 01-23-08  4:32 pm
Archive through January 24, 2008Joeyp198230 01-24-08  2:53 pm
  ClosedNew threads cannot be started on this page. The threads above are previous posts made to this thread.        

Top of pageBottom of page

Iheartthed
Username: Iheartthed

Post Number: 2583
Posted on Thursday, January 24, 2008 - 2:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

any of those who rip livonia are just jealous that they couldnt live in a well represented, middle to high class, good schooling educated city....period

Yeah, everybody is longing to live in Livonia!

Joeyp1982
Username: Joeyp1982

Post Number: 17
Posted on Thursday, January 24, 2008 - 2:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hahaha jealousy at its best and where do you live again? i dont even live in livonia but im not ignorant to the facts either.... i should just move to inkster or southfield right? thats the kind of city I should raise my kids huh?? lmaooooooooooo

Ferntruth
Username: Ferntruth

Post Number: 292
Posted on Thursday, January 24, 2008 - 2:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"detroit unpleasentries"

Wow..where do you even begin?

Detroitnerd
Username: Detroitnerd

Post Number: 1823
Posted on Thursday, January 24, 2008 - 3:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I believe I've had experiences where I've gotten off the hook because police took one look at me and figured I'm not a law-breaker.

Last year, I was stopped by a white cop for throwing a cigarette butt out the window. (If that surprises you, I was surprised too. And this wasn't in the suburbs!) Cop gave me a haranguing. Bear in mind, I drive a lousy car, but I look pretty button-down. I showed him my registration. I was still flipping through my wad of papers trying to find the insurance when he said, "Well, you're obviously not a scofflaw: You have your seat belt on. Get going!"

Now, the thing is, I didn't have my proof of insurance that day. That would be a citation. Also, I had several "special" cigarettes in the car, which he didn't bother to look at, since I'm "obviously not a scofflaw."

So, to a white cop, a polite, meek, conservatively dressed white man in a car is "not a scofflaw," and I get off the hook. No statistics will ever appear about me, because he did not investigate further.

So, when I hear people talking about how "profiling" works, I don't doubt that authorities find law-breaking. I mean: Nobody obeys the law perfectly. When we start probing specific groups under the rationale that they're more likely to be law-breakers, you better believe we'll find some law-breaking. And that helps generate statistics that "prove" that people who fit the profile break the law.

But how many people who don't "fit the profile" are breaking the law? How many Livonia motorists have a roach motel in their ashtrays? How many Livonia drivers would get popped after a LEIN check? We'll never know! Why? Because they're not being stopped.

It's time for this whole "profiling" theory to go in the waste basket. C'mon. It's junk science, it's junk police work, it's against the spirit and the letter of the Fourteenth Amendment's equal protection clause, and it's not helping anybody.

(Message edited by detroitnerd on January 24, 2008)

Joeyp1982

Post Number: 18
Posted on Thursday, January 24, 2008 - 3:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Wow..where do you even begin?"

what? are you gonna call me a racist or something? probably so cause the shallow mind will tell you that....

but just so you should know growing up in warrendale my whole life I will have to tell you that there are just as many white trash mother fuckers as there are black trash mother fuckers...im considered a detroit unpleasentry but you wouldnt know that cause you dont know your ass from your elbow but its ok i understand...

Ferntruth

Post Number: 293
Posted on Thursday, January 24, 2008 - 3:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

^^VERY well said, Detroitnerd

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 4785
Posted on Thursday, January 24, 2008 - 3:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wow, he's certainly a wonderful addition to our forum. Lucky us.

Ferntruth

Post Number: 294
Posted on Thursday, January 24, 2008 - 3:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"you wouldnt know that cause you dont know your ass from your elbow but its ok i understand..."

Oh, well as long as you understand....

Joeyp1982

Post Number: 19
Posted on Thursday, January 24, 2008 - 3:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello people profiling is the way this country works how do you fools not understand this? if you look like some criminal you will get treated like a criminal if you look normal and well represented you will get treated that way...god damn cry me a river..

Joeyp1982

Post Number: 20
Posted on Thursday, January 24, 2008 - 3:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I forgot you are so important to this fourm johnlodge...excuse me for bring up facts....while you all rip down our suburbs im gonna defend them sorry....as much as i love the city i grew up in "which is detroit" im not gonna let you mindless idiots just rip every suburban white city there is around here...

Johnlodge

Post Number: 4787
Posted on Thursday, January 24, 2008 - 3:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I never ripped down any suburbs. I just know someone who isn't gonna last long around here when I see one.

Iheartthed
Username: Iheartthed

Post Number: 2584
Posted on Thursday, January 24, 2008 - 3:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

hahaha jealousy at its best and where do you live again?

Not in Livonia. Nothing short of a gun to my head could ever make me move there.

Ferntruth

Post Number: 295
Posted on Thursday, January 24, 2008 - 3:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"im not gonna let you mindless idiots just rip every suburban white city there is around here..."

So not true about Johnlodge, but everyone here knows that except you apparently.

" I just know someone who isn't gonna last long around here when I see one."

so, so true..

Thejesus
Username: Thejesus

Post Number: 3300
Posted on Thursday, January 24, 2008 - 3:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Joey:

Please shut the hell up...I catch enough fire around here simply for being from Livonia, and people like you are a big reason why...

You make us all look like a bunch of dumb hicks...

English
Username: English

Post Number: 649
Posted on Thursday, January 24, 2008 - 3:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

One thing's for sure: the Romulus cops are equal opportunity profilers! When I got a speeding ticket in November, and went to court a few weeks ago, there were more than 100 of us -- every race, ethnicity, nationality, both genders, all ages were represented. It was really a cross section of America -- and lots of camraderie -- cause we were all pissed off!

But in general, I just think that profiling is something that shouldn't be discussed in mixed company. No good can come of it, people!

Joeyp1982

Post Number: 21
Posted on Thursday, January 24, 2008 - 3:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Listen Johnlodge dont act like this is some "exclusive" fourm where only people who type what everyone wants to hear is gonna """""survive"""" lol ...just because I just signed on to post messages doesnt mean I havent been reading the fourm for like 3 years now ok...I just knew the second i came on here the truth would be told and everyone would get all defensive...gee what a surprize that that happened huh...what has a city like livonia done so WRONG to where all you tards just rip on it? seriously...

Iheardthed....
Oh i forgot you would rather live in detroit where the crime stats are among the highest in the country...i would rather stay in livonia where the crime stats are among the LOWEST in the country...actually staying in west dearborn i can say that most of the west side suburbs are perfectly fine with me...

Joeyp1982

Post Number: 22
Posted on Thursday, January 24, 2008 - 3:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Please shut the hell up...I catch enough fire around here simply for being from Livonia, and people like you are a big reason why...

You make us all look like a bunch of dumb hicks...

sorry thejesus but hicks are from downriver...just because people like you are panzies and wont actually tell the truth about things that go around around here doenst mean i should "shut the hell up" im not even from livonia but i know enough to know the cops in that city are just trying to do their fucking job and its not all about "profiling"
god some of you just dont get it

Ferntruth

Post Number: 296
Posted on Thursday, January 24, 2008 - 3:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"sorry thejesus but hicks are from downriver.."

I'm sure the hicks here in Ferndale will be very relieved to learn of this.

Joeyp1982

Post Number: 23
Posted on Thursday, January 24, 2008 - 3:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

fashionable ferndale...another brilliant city...lasttime i checked there was alot of weiner blowers there...ill stop there

Kevgoblu
Username: Kevgoblu

Post Number: 47
Posted on Thursday, January 24, 2008 - 3:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"if you look like some criminal you will get treated like a criminal if you look normal and well represented you will get treated that way...god damn cry me a river.."

so joeyp. With some more of your profound wisdom please tell us exactly who will be in charge of deciding who looks "normal and well represented"?

A middle aged white guy? A middle aged black guy? A middle aged arab guy? A middle aged hispanic guy?

Johnlodge

Post Number: 4789
Posted on Thursday, January 24, 2008 - 3:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ferndale is a brilliant city, thanks for noticing. And yes, many of us pride ourselves on our acceptance of other walks of life, and feel that makes our community stronger. That's why we choose to live there. Thanks for not joining us.

Joeyp1982

Post Number: 24
Posted on Thursday, January 24, 2008 - 3:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

this has nothing to do with black whites or hispanics and everything to do with the way you represent yourself..its not that hard to figure out..if you look like a punk you prolly are a punk..if you look like a rich pussy you prolly are a rich pussy..if you look like a thug you prolly are a thug..if you like broke as a joke you prolly are broke as a joke......HOW DO YOU PEOPLE NOT UNDERSTAND THIS!? good gravy its like im speaking chinese to you fools

Johnlodge

Post Number: 4791
Posted on Thursday, January 24, 2008 - 3:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So if you talk like an ignorant jackass, you "prolly"....

Joeyp1982

Post Number: 25
Posted on Thursday, January 24, 2008 - 3:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Johnlodge..

no problem

Joeyp1982

Post Number: 26
Posted on Thursday, January 24, 2008 - 3:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

lmaoooo! sorry johnlodge ill say probably from now on if that makes you happy lolol

Ferntruth

Post Number: 297
Posted on Thursday, January 24, 2008 - 3:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Ferndale is a brilliant city, thanks for noticing. And yes, many of us pride ourselves on our acceptance of other walks of life, and feel that makes our community stronger. That's why we choose to live there. Thanks for not joining us."

and this "weiner blower" thanks you, JL =)

Detroit_stylin
Username: Detroit_stylin

Post Number: 5458
Posted on Thursday, January 24, 2008 - 4:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

im not gonna let you mindless idiots just rip every suburban white city there is around here...

And that in a nutshell tells us all we need to know about Joey

Jt1
Username: Jt1

Post Number: 11245
Posted on Thursday, January 24, 2008 - 4:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Now I rarely do this but I will side with tj here. TJ, I certainly would not assume that joeyP speaks for anyone but himself.

If all of Livonia thought the way joeyp does it would be impossible to avoid slipping in the drool filled streets.

Now joey, a question. You state "if you look like some criminal you will get treated like a criminal if you look normal and well represented you will get treated that way"

Can you please describe the look of:

1. A Criminal
2. Someone normal and well represented

I think those defintions will speak volumes to your beliefs.

Jt1

Post Number: 11246
Posted on Thursday, January 24, 2008 - 4:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

this has nothing to do with black whites or hispanics and everything to do with the way you represent yourself..its not that hard to figure out..if you look like a punk you prolly are a punk..if you look like a rich pussy you prolly are a rich pussy..if you look like a thug you prolly are a thug..if you like broke as a joke you prolly are broke as a joke......HOW DO YOU PEOPLE NOT UNDERSTAND THIS!? good gravy its like im speaking chinese to you fools

And if you write like someone who is barely literate you are probably barely literate.

I ask that you keep going. I need a jolt of humor in my day. If you keep this up I suspect that the city of Livonia may offer you a check to not speak on their behalf.

Ferntruth

Post Number: 299
Posted on Thursday, January 24, 2008 - 4:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"If you keep this up I suspect that the city of Livonia may offer you a check to not speak on their behalf."

I know I'd be willing to pony up a few bucks to shut him up! =)

Danny
Username: Danny

Post Number: 7039
Posted on Thursday, January 24, 2008 - 11:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Beware!

Living in Livonia can kill you!

Joeyp1982

Post Number: 28
Posted on Friday, January 25, 2008 - 2:24 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

does jt1 stand for jivetime 1?

Joeyp1982

Post Number: 30
Posted on Friday, January 25, 2008 - 2:28 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i dont need to speak for any of you clowns on this fourm nor do i care what any of you think of me...i speak facts...if you morons cant handle it then its too bad for yourselves....if you think i care about what jivetime 1 says you can think again...
and 11 thousand posts jivetime? maybe you should find a job...

Sstashmoo
Username: Sstashmoo

Post Number: 969
Posted on Friday, January 25, 2008 - 10:08 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Quote: "any of those who rip livonia are just jealous that they couldnt live in a well represented, middle to high class, good schooling educated city....period"

I took a friend to the emergency room at a Livonia hospital a while back and you know what the staff there call Livonia? "Crack city". I was a bit surprised, the nurse said they spend a great deal of their time weeding out fake injuries for Vicoden and crack overdoses, every day, all day. So, there's your claim of Livonia being such a great city. More of "that don't happen in my community" BS.

Jt1

Post Number: 11247
Posted on Friday, January 25, 2008 - 2:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

JoeyP - Does the P stand for punk?

Thanks for the comic relief. If only I was as intelligent as you and as wealthy as you I might, just might be able to live in Livonia. :-)

Oh how my life would be perfect if I just just afford to live in Livonia. Maybe I should buy a house there as my second home for vacations since it is a utopian paradise.

Johnlodge

Post Number: 4813
Posted on Friday, January 25, 2008 - 2:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jt1, none of us can hope match the wisdom gained by Joeyp during his 24 years in this world. Though great minds have been struggling with topics of race and poverty and sociology, they need have only asked Joeyp for the answers. He could have told them what they prolly should do, and why they are prolly punks and pussies if they haven't figured that out already.

Romanized
Username: Romanized

Post Number: 256
Posted on Friday, January 25, 2008 - 2:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No, you shut the hell up Joeyp1982. Just because I have black skin doesn't mean I look like trouble. Now take that stuff your shoveling over to the Aryan pride forum. And for goodness sake, drop the internet tough guy act. You sound like a damn clown.

Joeyp1982

Post Number: 32
Posted on Friday, January 25, 2008 - 2:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I dont even live in Livonia jivetime...and you people are soo sensitive lmaoo...and jonnylodge..1982 has nothing to do with my birthdate you jackass...and actually P stands for playa haha

Joeyp1982

Post Number: 33
Posted on Friday, January 25, 2008 - 2:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

yah romanized if you knew how to read i never said if you have "black" skin that means you look like trouble...did you get your schooling from the dps or what holy cow

Johnlodge

Post Number: 4814
Posted on Friday, January 25, 2008 - 3:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That's probably enough troll food. You know if you feed them, they keep coming back.

Jt1

Post Number: 11248
Posted on Friday, January 25, 2008 - 3:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

I dont even live in Livonia jivetime

Who said that you did? You have stated that we are jealous because we don't have the means to live in Livonia. I was mocking your stupidity.

quote:

actully P stands for playa haha

I have found that anyone that calls themselves a playa is usually nowhere close to being a 'playa'

I want him to keep coming back. I take a sick pleasure in listening to ignorant people that believe they are smart.

Joeyp1982

Post Number: 34
Posted on Friday, January 25, 2008 - 6:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dude with all your posts you would think you could catch on to something...Yah P for playa ya know cause thats me lmaoo...like im gonna jump on a board full of retards and actually mean what i say when i say im a playa? haha please its all in good fun...all you jokers just have sticks up your ass and you have for a long time...ive read this fourm for years and its the same old song..everything thinks they know everything..people cut down everything and everyone loves to argue...yah and im sure you do take a sick pleasure in listening to ignorant people considering its obvious thats all you do is sit on your computer and posts messages on detroityes all day...sounds like fun..i wish i had as much time as you..

Lefty2
Username: Lefty2

Post Number: 991
Posted on Saturday, January 26, 2008 - 12:20 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Joeyp1982
...ive read this fourm for years and its the same old song...

So you wasted all these years with your so called valuable time reading things you disagree with?
You ARE certainly the masochist person that you are arguing against. Whats up with that?

Joeyp1982

Post Number: 35
Posted on Saturday, January 26, 2008 - 3:24 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

yah lefty your right...my mistake must have started by even reading the garbage on this fourm in the first place ya know?

ahhh what to do with myself..

Romanized
Username: Romanized

Post Number: 257
Posted on Saturday, January 26, 2008 - 7:38 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Joeyp1982,
Why are you on here babbling? Babbling about dps, babbling about profiling, just babbling like a fool about a bunch of stuff you have no ideal about? Seeing as though you went to a real school district you'd think they would have had the resources to assist your cognitive developmental issues. Guess not. Shoo troll!

Joeyp1982

Post Number: 36
Posted on Saturday, January 26, 2008 - 8:00 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"shoo off troll"
just because i defend the suburbs doesnt mean im a troll you moron...im sorry you dont like to hear the truth...you are all soo sensitive its quite comical...
and you are right I did go to a real school district that actually graduates more students than it does fail students...unlike a school system i know..they might as well close the whole damn system down ya know?
but hey? what do i know...im alledgedly a troll lol...

Ferntruth

Post Number: 307
Posted on Saturday, January 26, 2008 - 8:37 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

back under your bridge!

Sstashmoo
Username: Sstashmoo

Post Number: 976
Posted on Saturday, January 26, 2008 - 10:46 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Quote: "ahhh what to do with myself.."

Umm.... Ahhh forget it...

Drankin21
Username: Drankin21

Post Number: 157
Posted on Saturday, January 26, 2008 - 1:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Please don't take this as defending little Joey, but I sure wish there had been some profiling done on September 11th.....it can't ALL be bad can it?

Joeyp1982

Post Number: 38
Posted on Saturday, January 26, 2008 - 2:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

haha im half pollock half daigo I will get slapped on the wrist all day long lmaoooooooooo

Ferntruth

Post Number: 309
Posted on Saturday, January 26, 2008 - 5:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"it can't ALL be bad can it?"

As long as you are not part of the group being profiled, it's great.
Otherwise, it kinda sucks.

Detroitnerd
Username: Detroitnerd

Post Number: 1843
Posted on Thursday, January 31, 2008 - 2:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hamtramck city council recently banned profiling. See this week's CITIZEN.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.