Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » Young DJ Killed in New Center « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Royce
Username: Royce

Post Number: 2528
Posted on Sunday, January 27, 2008 - 4:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This story was on Fox 2 News and I only caught the tail end of it. His mother thinks that he was murdered, supposedly thrown out of a window from an apartment on Seward between Second and Woodward. They showed a picture of him spinning records as a DJ. His name was Sean. There used to be a forumer who lived on that street. Has anybody heard anything about this case?

Chitaku
Username: Chitaku

Post Number: 1808
Posted on Sunday, January 27, 2008 - 5:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i saw the report. There are a lot of ways he could of died. Either way if anyone dies no matter how, it is a bummer.

Ladyinabag
Username: Ladyinabag

Post Number: 357
Posted on Sunday, January 27, 2008 - 6:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The apartment building was abandoned. It sounds like either a crack thing or a robbery.

Mauser765
Username: Mauser765

Post Number: 2383
Posted on Sunday, January 27, 2008 - 8:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If its the same kid - the report I saw saw showed the apartment building on Newport Street across from the Vanity. There are a few tenants in that building. The news thing I saw said that it "looks" abandoned.

Royce
Username: Royce

Post Number: 2530
Posted on Monday, January 28, 2008 - 12:01 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Like I said, I caught the tail end of the story on the news and the building looked like an apartment building on Seward that is partially boarded up(lower floor's windows and doors). I could be wrong about the location. However, it is still tragic that this young man died mysteriously.

(Message edited by royce on January 28, 2008)

Supergay
Username: Supergay

Post Number: 126
Posted on Monday, January 28, 2008 - 1:19 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I caught the tail end of the story. It looks like the location was abandoned. It's definitely a tragic story about a young man who died mysteriously.

Adamjab19
Username: Adamjab19

Post Number: 825
Posted on Monday, January 28, 2008 - 12:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dj Ojibwa was his DJ name. Memorial/speculation thread can be found at DetroitLuv.

http://www.detroitluv.com/inde x.php?topic=44803.0

Danny
Username: Danny

Post Number: 7075
Posted on Monday, January 28, 2008 - 12:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

BROTHERS KILLING BROTHERS in the Ghettos of Detroit.

Young DJ will be missed. Let the Lord take him up to paradise.

Spitty
Username: Spitty

Post Number: 660
Posted on Monday, January 28, 2008 - 2:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There were a few forumers that lived on that street. I still own a condo at Gramont Manor (120 Seward) which I rent out. I haven't seen the story, but it's just more sad news from my old neighborhood.

Jit
Username: Jit

Post Number: 12
Posted on Monday, January 28, 2008 - 6:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ojibwa is a friend of mine.

there is a benefit to help his mom pay for everything; it's all so unexpected. even if you don't know sean, your presence is welcome. the lineup consists of some great artists who were friends with jibs, and others who played along side of him. organizers of the event are accepting donations for the raffle. if you like to help, it would mean a lot to us.

for the record:
the apartment wasn't abandoned, nor was it in new center. the story is very complicated and it's currently under investigation. "crack," and other drugs, are not a factor. sean's not a "brother," either.

a few of you -- obviously -- have no idea what your talking about. if you don't know what you're talking about, don't smear his name. if you do have info, there's a reward being offered; you should contact the police, instead of adding to internet gossip.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.