Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » Bakery suggestions in Mexicantown? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Eastsidechris
Username: Eastsidechris

Post Number: 127
Posted on Tuesday, January 29, 2008 - 12:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm going to a Super Bowl party that has a southwestern theme, as the game is being played in Phoenix.

I thought I'd show a little city pride by getting something 'authentic' from Mexicantown, but I have no idea where to begin. I'm looking to bring a cake to the party. Any suggestions?

Texorama
Username: Texorama

Post Number: 152
Posted on Tuesday, January 29, 2008 - 12:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Go to Mexicantown Bakery on Vernor and get a Pastel de Tres Leches (Three-Milk Cake). I think they're the ones you get if you order that dish in a restaurant down there.

Melocoton
Username: Melocoton

Post Number: 3
Posted on Friday, February 01, 2008 - 2:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Also check out La Gloria Bakery on Bagley, right on the western side of 75. They bake cakes, I think, and I like their pastries, sweets, churros, etc. better than the ones at Mexicantown Bakery. Their doughnuts don't really fit the Phoenix theme, but they're great too.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.