Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » Larned and Randolph? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Blueidone
Username: Blueidone

Post Number: 171
Posted on Wednesday, January 30, 2008 - 1:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Knowing how helpful all the forum members are, I ask the following question:

What buildings/offices are located near East Larned, West of Randolph?

The reason I ask? Someone in my family got a parking ticket there and didn't pay it. The car is registered to my 92-yr old father who lives in Grand Rapids...he got the overdue ticket notice. So I need to pin down what is there so I can determine who went there and why....

Any help?

Kathleen
Username: Kathleen

Post Number: 2735
Posted on Wednesday, January 30, 2008 - 2:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I believe that would be the block on the north side of the City-County Building between Woodward and Randolph. A parking garage is directly across the street. There's not much legal parking on this block any time!!

It might be helpful to know the date of the parking ticket in case there was some big event going on at that time.

Ndavies
Username: Ndavies

Post Number: 2933
Posted on Wednesday, January 30, 2008 - 2:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Coleman A Young Municipal Center on one side. Comerica bank tower and a parking garage the other side. The millender center is on both sides of the larned east of Randolf.

This is right in the core of Downtown.

Rrl
Username: Rrl

Post Number: 940
Posted on Wednesday, January 30, 2008 - 2:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Won't anyone in your family 'fess up to the ticket? I'd hate to have your relatives...

Blueidone

Post Number: 172
Posted on Wednesday, January 30, 2008 - 2:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rrl...it's a long story...involving a divorce and lots of animosity. It was probably my soon to be daughter in law who could care less about my 92-yr old father. But I want lots of back up information to be able to confront her with it.

We live in the northern 'burbs, and she isn't one to travel downtown without a purpose...I was just trying to figure out what that purpose might be.

I appreciate all the help, Kathleen and NDavies.

Bill_rush
Username: Bill_rush

Post Number: 12
Posted on Wednesday, January 30, 2008 - 5:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

While in that neighborhood, is there still a great old time bar/restaurant directly back of the County Bldg.?

Focusonthed
Username: Focusonthed

Post Number: 1652
Posted on Wednesday, January 30, 2008 - 6:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You might be thinking of the Checker Bar on Congress/Cadillac Square.

Jams
Username: Jams

Post Number: 7543
Posted on Wednesday, January 30, 2008 - 9:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

More likely Jacoby's, since it is behind the County Building.

Gnome
Username: Gnome

Post Number: 625
Posted on Wednesday, January 30, 2008 - 9:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Searching records at the City Hall? Birth Certs? Death, probate, land records, deeds?

Going downtown to go to a bar during the day seems improbable. If she was down there seeing an attorney at the Comerica building, the lawyer would have her park in the structure and would validate ...

...she was snoping for family records. Maybe legit, maybe not

Blueidone

Post Number: 173
Posted on Wednesday, January 30, 2008 - 11:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just found out she was delivering food...she works for a pizza/sub shop in Warren that delivers down there sometimes. It's her ticket...now getting her to pay it may be another problem....but thanks for all your input!!

Focusonthed
Username: Focusonthed

Post Number: 1653
Posted on Thursday, January 31, 2008 - 1:50 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

More likely Jacoby's, since it is behind the County Building.

Doh, was thinking City-County.

Gnome
Username: Gnome

Post Number: 628
Posted on Thursday, January 31, 2008 - 9:37 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A pizza/sub shop from Warren makes deliveries to downtown Detroit?

Really?

Blueidone

Post Number: 177
Posted on Thursday, January 31, 2008 - 11:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Evidently...my son also delivered for the same place and says that they occasionally do...mostly for office luncheon parties and such. I guess it's a pretty competitive business.

Bill_rush
Username: Bill_rush

Post Number: 14
Posted on Saturday, February 02, 2008 - 9:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jams- Jacoby's it is. Thanks. Is it still there and any good?

Downtowner
Username: Downtowner

Post Number: 1
Posted on Monday, February 04, 2008 - 11:53 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jacoby's is still there and is good. Sweetwater's a block south on Brush is a little busier and has better burgers, if you can get service.

Whithorn11446
Username: Whithorn11446

Post Number: 192
Posted on Monday, February 04, 2008 - 2:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Sweetwater's a block south on Brush is a little busier and has better burgers, if you can get service."

The former and somewhat infamous 400 Bar. A popular place for the residents of the departed Akron, Claydale, and other hotels that lined Brush. I think the choice back in the day was the 400 Bar or Cloud 9. Those couple blocks of downtown have changed for the better.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.