Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » WDETs "Detroit Today" NOT cut in half. « Previous Next »
WDET Detroit Today cut in halfBob24 02-02-08  3:50 pm
  ClosedNew threads cannot be started on this page. The threads above are previous posts made to this thread.        

Top of pageBottom of page

Craggy
Username: Craggy

Post Number: 306
Posted on Saturday, February 02, 2008 - 1:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I thought this needed to be posted. The show isn't going anywhere. Democracy Now USED to air at 11. They (Democracy Now) simply haven't updated their website to reflect the 8 o'clock start time.

Thanks for you support, everyone. We all appreciate it very much.

Craig

Craggy

Post Number: 307
Posted on Saturday, February 02, 2008 - 2:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

frankly...the entire thread should be deleted! :-)

Irish_mafia
Username: Irish_mafia

Post Number: 1202
Posted on Saturday, February 02, 2008 - 2:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Doesn't sound very Democratic Craggy.

Mbr
Username: Mbr

Post Number: 291
Posted on Saturday, February 02, 2008 - 2:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What's democratic about perpetuating misinformation?

Oldredfordette
Username: Oldredfordette

Post Number: 3791
Posted on Saturday, February 02, 2008 - 2:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You know what I love about this forum? We can find the argument in everything. It's awesome.

Bulletmagnet
Username: Bulletmagnet

Post Number: 971
Posted on Saturday, February 02, 2008 - 3:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oldredfordette, are you starting?

Bigb23
Username: Bigb23

Post Number: 412
Posted on Saturday, February 02, 2008 - 5:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I agree to disagree.

Oldredfordette
Username: Oldredfordette

Post Number: 3794
Posted on Saturday, February 02, 2008 - 5:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just sayin'...

Gnome
Username: Gnome

Post Number: 648
Posted on Sunday, February 03, 2008 - 9:22 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Craiggy-

Glad to hear you are not being cut in half, but shouting at people is kinda dumb. Shout at the Amy Goodman for not updating her website, not at folks who are concerned about your show.

jeeze pal, I started the thread in support of you and your show ... my thanx, I get a slap in the face for my efforts.

Craggy

Post Number: 309
Posted on Sunday, February 03, 2008 - 9:52 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gnome...

Sorry...but I was a tad peeved when I saw it. There was a post on our blog that said the same thing earlier in the day.

Sorry to yell the way I did.

Craig

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 11469
Posted on Sunday, February 03, 2008 - 12:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gnome,

Always the little people getting shat upon, isn't it?! Heh

Craggy,

The show's been continually getting better and better, as your team develops and grows.

Of course, having a juicy controversy land in your lap doesn't hurt!

I especially like the wrap-up on the weekends, they do a particularly nice job distilling the week's output. I would really appreciate getting a podcast of THAT show, especially. I see MP3s of the individual shows on the website, but not the wrap-up.

Might be a good idea to walk through the steps for not-yet-tech-savvy users to learn how to assemble the week's shows for their offloading pleasure...help them understand how they can catch the shows they missed, or simply listen when it's convenient to them.

(everyone's caught up in the daily production, I simply share to hopefully help gather more listeners and even a few additional devotees)

Let them learn what you're up to in 'their time', most don't yet have the habit of turning onto a Detroit-centric daily show. Maybe even cut a few cheap promo CDs to hand out at the public events this coming year...a Tasting of DetroitTODAY, it would be. Give more folks a chance to discover this great resource.

THEN they'll start to make time during the day to engage in the direct inputs available...it is amazing how my daily schedule is morphing 'around' your show! I've got to find some way to hide my contempt for anyone who dares interrupt between ten and noon!

Cheers

Lowell
Board Administrator
Username: Lowell

Post Number: 4513
Posted on Sunday, February 03, 2008 - 2:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Craggy, your show is awesome and we listen to it as much as we can, which means very often. I didn't take down this thread because I thought the correct information should remain up longer than the mis-information did and help promote the show.

BTW, for those who can't hear it regularly, there is an excellent 'highlight' show on Sunday mornings at 10 following the NPR news.

It is great to have such a locally produced show about Detroit.

WDET, for all its flaws and unpredictability, is an immense asset to our border cities. No corporation is making money off of it and ability to hear thoughtful, almost uninterrupted programming is wonderful and a reason why I have long supported it starting with the very first begathon decades ago and in spite of all the upheavals and turmoils it has passed through.

Why? Without public radio, and its wonderful CBC cousins, local airwaves would be a desolate wasteland of commercial-laden outside-owned corporate stations and radio evangelists.

Gnome

Post Number: 650
Posted on Sunday, February 03, 2008 - 3:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Craiggy-
I got the info from your nemesis Tom in Detroit off your site. Like Tom, I too went to Democracy Now and double checked what that Tom guy wrote; then a jumped the gun and started this thread.

Sorry for spreading rumors. Didn't mean to ruffle your hair.

Love the show, and to be truthful, kind of like how that Tom guy pokes sticks at you. He's rather funny, if a little inflamatory.

Zephyrprocess
Username: Zephyrprocess

Post Number: 588
Posted on Sunday, February 03, 2008 - 11:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Craggy--is it true that you've applied for the necessary permits to turn Detroit Today into a strip club?

Craggy

Post Number: 310
Posted on Monday, February 04, 2008 - 7:27 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gnome...I had to wonder if you and Tom were one in the same.

As for him poking a stick...its important that folks do that.

We won't improve if we think everything is hunky-dory.

Gnome

Post Number: 652
Posted on Monday, February 04, 2008 - 8:36 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

In my best mayoral tone, "LOL, busted is what you see".

Sorry, but my name is Bill and I was drinking a bottle of Vernors when I came up with my nom de plume.

Craggy

Post Number: 311
Posted on Monday, February 04, 2008 - 12:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

no problem, Gnome. You might find this interesting...our studios are built on the site of the old Vernor's factory.

Gnome

Post Number: 656
Posted on Monday, February 04, 2008 - 3:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, that explains the well-spring of your oak-barrel-aged genius.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.