Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » Detroit YET Center? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Genesyxx
Username: Genesyxx

Post Number: 856
Posted on Monday, February 04, 2008 - 8:17 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Watching the Super Bowl last night (and crying in my salsa that I lost so..many..bets), I started to look up the ol' XL. I came across the article that said that the NFL partnered with the NAIAS and the city to build a youth education center.

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi- bin/stories.pl?ACCT=104&STORY= /www/story/02-02-2005/00029446 87&EDATE=

Has any progress been made on this, or has the money 'disappeared'?

Detroitplanner
Username: Detroitplanner

Post Number: 1534
Posted on Monday, February 04, 2008 - 10:01 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This has been built and open for a couple of years now. It is on the site of Herman Gardens off of Tireman.

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 11477
Posted on Monday, February 04, 2008 - 10:16 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

They put some pretty signs up on a new fence in Herman Gardens.

I went with the Giants, always rooting for the underdog...plus this time it wouldn't have been bad to lose because I'd see history made either way!

What a kick-ass game.

Gannon

Post Number: 11478
Posted on Monday, February 04, 2008 - 10:20 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah, should'a looked before I spoke...I went to googlemaps and got a cool streetlevel view of a building with a HUGE football over it's front doors.

So much for the start of this day...heh.

Cheers

Gannon

Post Number: 11479
Posted on Monday, February 04, 2008 - 10:24 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Youth Entertainment Center in Herman Gardens

Genesyxx
Username: Genesyxx

Post Number: 857
Posted on Monday, February 04, 2008 - 10:40 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks for the info. That football looks mighty tacky though.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.