Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » Suite recomendations at the Marriott Ren-Cen « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Willmess01
Username: Willmess01

Post Number: 36
Posted on Wednesday, February 06, 2008 - 10:51 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am staying for a few nights as part of a birthday celebration for my wife. We are doing the downtown scene. Does anyone have any recommendations on where to stay? I prefer the Marriott in the ren-cen because I am having her party at Andiamo's right there. I don't know much of there suites.

We also plan on checking out the winter blast deal again, as we had done a couple years back.

Thanks in advance-

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 11502
Posted on Wednesday, February 06, 2008 - 11:00 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It won't be cheap, but depending upon when you want the view...sunset down the river or sunrise over Belle Isle are fabulous views from the Mariott.

Then, you're close enough to everything to not have to get a cab or ride anywhere...just make sure to get to Eph's for sandwich and soup lunch at some point! They're next to Foran's Irish pub on Woodward, a few blocks north of Hart Plaza, probably about a six-block walk from the RenCen. Look for the big pickle sign.

Cheers!

Burnsie
Username: Burnsie

Post Number: 1279
Posted on Wednesday, February 06, 2008 - 11:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I know it's not a suite but...Definitely 6302! 6301 has two double beds.
LOL

Gannon

Post Number: 11507
Posted on Wednesday, February 06, 2008 - 11:48 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'd think two beds would be more important than a kitchen.

Qdaddy77
Username: Qdaddy77

Post Number: 66
Posted on Wednesday, February 06, 2008 - 11:52 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LOL Burnsie!
i wish she would have texted about the view...but it hard to see when you flat on your back and have 400# on top of you!

Willmess01

Post Number: 37
Posted on Wednesday, February 06, 2008 - 12:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks for the reco Gannon!

I am guessing inside jokes for the other two? :-)

Gannon

Post Number: 11508
Posted on Wednesday, February 06, 2008 - 12:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Apparently Kwame-time references...from the infamous texts.

Burnsie
Username: Burnsie

Post Number: 1280
Posted on Wednesday, February 06, 2008 - 12:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Damn that, Qdaddy77!

Willmess01-- Read the excerpts of the Kilpatrick text messages on the Freep website

Willmess01

Post Number: 38
Posted on Wednesday, February 06, 2008 - 12:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LMFAO!

WOW very funny...

I will NOT be staying anywhere around those rooms

Gannon

Post Number: 11510
Posted on Wednesday, February 06, 2008 - 12:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You never know...ask for a discount!

401don
Username: 401don

Post Number: 257
Posted on Wednesday, February 06, 2008 - 2:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I always like a pool & whirlpool when I stay at a hotel in winter. Feels more like a vacation. If you stay at the Ren Cen, ask to use the Courtyard pool. Great facility, never busy. I don't understand why they never replaced the pool at the Ren Cen when they renovated.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.