Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » Kid Rock at Joe Lewis « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Summertime1
Username: Summertime1

Post Number: 38
Posted on Tuesday, February 12, 2008 - 10:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Did anyone go to the Kid Rock show at Joe Lewis last Friday or Saturday night? I wanted to attend because Peter wolf from J Geils band was with him. J Geils rocked Detroit in the early 1970's

Jerome81
Username: Jerome81

Post Number: 1682
Posted on Tuesday, February 12, 2008 - 10:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lewis? Are you kidding?

Lilpup
Username: Lilpup

Post Number: 3473
Posted on Tuesday, February 12, 2008 - 10:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Joe Lewis?

edit: getting slow in the old age

(Message edited by lilpup on February 12, 2008)

Detroitstar
Username: Detroitstar

Post Number: 941
Posted on Tuesday, February 12, 2008 - 10:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Friday night's show was great! The show was not typical of a kid rock show (less strippers and no pyrotechnics) but in my opinion that made it better!

The show was 100% about the music. It was a great blend of hip hop/rock/country that made Kid so great. Of the 3 times I have seen Kid Rock, this show was by far the best!

Jfried
Username: Jfried

Post Number: 1105
Posted on Wednesday, February 13, 2008 - 10:16 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I went saturday. It was the first time I've seen kid rock "live" since back in the day when he used to dj my junior high dances. I'm really not into his music, but he put on a good show. Peter Wolf was good - he did detroit breakdown, must of got lost & centerfold, but the highlight was Rev Run doing all the old school Run DMC songs. I was expecting a song, or two, but he did a whole set including rock box, it's like that, tricky, king of rock, and walk this way.

Summertime1
Username: Summertime1

Post Number: 39
Posted on Wednesday, February 13, 2008 - 1:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jfried, i missed out! someone said that he did the J geils song Wammer Jammer, i dont know how they couldof because who would play the Harp. Magic Dick play the harp. Detroits Cinderella ballroom(Its long gone) they made "full house" album. well maybe next time. geri in SCS

Gsgeorge
Username: Gsgeorge

Post Number: 577
Posted on Wednesday, February 13, 2008 - 2:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Joe Lewis is my friend who lives in Chicago. What does this have to do with Detroit?

Dannyv
Username: Dannyv

Post Number: 98
Posted on Wednesday, February 13, 2008 - 8:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wasn't there a Joe E. Lewis whose comic schtick was a doppler wail? I'm hearing it now but, in this case, it's the disembodied wail of Joe Louis wondering how anyone could confuse the two.

Dannyv

Post Number: 99
Posted on Wednesday, February 13, 2008 - 8:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wasn't there a Joe E. Lewis whose comic schtick was a doppler wail? I'm hearing it now but, in this case, it's the disembodied wail of Joe Louis wondering how anyone could confuse the two.

Dannyv

Post Number: 100
Posted on Wednesday, February 13, 2008 - 8:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Did you hear an echo????

Ravine
Username: Ravine

Post Number: 1941
Posted on Wednesday, February 13, 2008 - 9:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Maybe it was a doppelganger.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.