Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » Strawberry 313 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Eaglelv
Username: Eaglelv

Post Number: 41
Posted on Thursday, February 14, 2008 - 2:18 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm gonna call it right now, this little ditty by the virus is going platinum. Its got the beat, backed up by some old school soul from the Brothers Johnson and a story line that just won't QUIT, get it, just won't QUIT.

Kova
Username: Kova

Post Number: 136
Posted on Thursday, February 14, 2008 - 2:24 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

where can i listen to this song?

Eaglelv
Username: Eaglelv

Post Number: 42
Posted on Thursday, February 14, 2008 - 2:27 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Go WDIV Ch 4, they had a news piece on it today, the video will be filmed in the D next week and released shortly afterwards.

Kova
Username: Kova

Post Number: 137
Posted on Thursday, February 14, 2008 - 2:36 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

link?

Broken_main
Username: Broken_main

Post Number: 1441
Posted on Thursday, February 14, 2008 - 3:06 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

huh?

Flanders_field
Username: Flanders_field

Post Number: 135
Posted on Thursday, February 14, 2008 - 3:21 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Will there be any kwameo appearances in the video?

Pgn421
Username: Pgn421

Post Number: 408
Posted on Thursday, February 14, 2008 - 7:54 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good song Strawberry letter, Brothers Johnson!

Bdglsmn
Username: Bdglsmn

Post Number: 9
Posted on Thursday, February 14, 2008 - 9:08 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I agree. It caught my ear when I heard it the first time. Good beat and lyrics.

Maryellen22471
Username: Maryellen22471

Post Number: 73
Posted on Thursday, February 14, 2008 - 10:00 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I bet that mix 92.3, wjlb, 107.7 wont play it because because the mayors friends are on the payrolls of these stations.

Mrsjdaniels
Username: Mrsjdaniels

Post Number: 421
Posted on Thursday, February 14, 2008 - 10:05 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

its not going plat - that is too hard with money behind you

but it will definitely get a lot of RING TONE d-loads...and now-a-days, that is where the music money is

http://www.usatoday.com/life/m usic/news/2006-01-25-ringtones _x.htm

Lefty2
Username: Lefty2

Post Number: 1163
Posted on Thursday, February 14, 2008 - 10:30 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

there was a thread yesterday in the Kwame thread.

Anybody listening to Mildred Gaddis right now?

Ndmom
Username: Ndmom

Post Number: 26
Posted on Thursday, February 14, 2008 - 11:54 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mildred Gaddis - 1200 AM - had talked about this song and played it numerous times during her show this a.m. Every caller responded positive to this song. Mildred has a great and informative radio show.

Kevgoblu
Username: Kevgoblu

Post Number: 52
Posted on Thursday, February 14, 2008 - 12:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Mildred has a great and informative radio show."

Not hardly. Mildred is very biased and makes no effort to conceal it. This in itself isn't necessarily bad, but she does a very poor job of encouraging intelligent debate. All callers whose opinions differ from her receive very rude and short treatment from Ms. Gaddis.

Her show is one of the few however that does speak to many of the issues facing the city on a consistent basis. Guess you gotta take the good with the bad.

Ndmom
Username: Ndmom

Post Number: 27
Posted on Thursday, February 14, 2008 - 2:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kevgoblu, yes I have noticed what you say about her being a little short with someone with a different opinion. But she does allow the person to state their opinion. And I don't think time allows for a debate - just opinions.

But I wouldn't know as much about the goings on in Detroit if it weren't for her show - and this web site. So I appreciate it for what it is to me - information.

Goat
Username: Goat

Post Number: 10105
Posted on Thursday, February 14, 2008 - 6:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Isn't that all a lot of music is today? Ring-tone style? The industry is shit!

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.