Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » Awesome Detroit Video « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Tonyt
Username: Tonyt

Post Number: 10
Posted on Friday, February 15, 2008 - 12:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Some friends of mine showed me this nugget.

It's a video for the song "Who's Afraid of Detroit" by Claude VonStroke.

He's a minimal techno DJ who is very famous throughout the world.

The video is a love letter to the city.

http://discobelle.imeem.com/vi deo/FPmvIK-i/claud_vonstroke_w hos_afraid_of_detroit_music_vi deo/

Exmotowner
Username: Exmotowner

Post Number: 452
Posted on Friday, February 15, 2008 - 12:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

AWSOME Video! Just makes me more homesick! Great to see some positivity!

Rsa
Username: Rsa

Post Number: 1406
Posted on Friday, February 15, 2008 - 12:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

aw, you beat me to it tony!

claude von stroke is a "ghetto tech" (another term used to describe detroit techno) DJ from san francisco. he is an admirer of the detroit sound and detroit itself. there is another song on his last album entitled "eastern market." he was last in detroit about a month ago performing at oslo. he has also (as evident in the video) made an appearance at a previous DEMF. his is quite good, as are his performances. if you're a fan of techno, i highly recommend catching him the next time he's in town.

Dannyv
Username: Dannyv

Post Number: 103
Posted on Friday, February 15, 2008 - 12:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Boy, that was a waste of time. Glad it was only 2m 42 seconds of my time to view it. A riff of bleeps. The video is all the cliched views of Detroit.

Rsa

Post Number: 1407
Posted on Friday, February 15, 2008 - 12:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

boo hoo.

Fareastsider
Username: Fareastsider

Post Number: 822
Posted on Friday, February 15, 2008 - 12:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"The video is all the cliched views of Detroit." Yes it was

Iddude313
Username: Iddude313

Post Number: 154
Posted on Friday, February 15, 2008 - 2:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

all those bleeps and blips make me happy.

Tonyt

Post Number: 11
Posted on Friday, February 15, 2008 - 2:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Right on Rsa.

As for those who thought it was a waste of their time...

The time you just spent saying it was a waste of your time was even more of a waste of your time.

Cliched views? So what. We hardly have any views of Detroit being put out there at all, let alone positive ones.

Rsa

Post Number: 1408
Posted on Friday, February 15, 2008 - 2:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i share your sentiments tony.

and the video was produced by an out of town production company for an out of town artist; things are cliched for a reason. i thought it was all in a pretty positive light. plus, the audience is mostly people who aren't from here, so i think it's kinda necessary.

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 11628
Posted on Friday, February 15, 2008 - 3:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Woah, thought that was cool.

Music didn't set me off...and with their editing it looked as IF Detroit had some mass transit.

I loved the way they allowed the Detroit's Finest banner near the end to read Detroit's Fine...

There was some poetry done in that editing suite.

I thought it was sweet!

Cheers

Tonyt

Post Number: 12
Posted on Friday, February 15, 2008 - 3:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Something I didn't really know but according to Wiki he was born in Detroit.

Nifty eh?

Ray
Username: Ray

Post Number: 1073
Posted on Sunday, February 17, 2008 - 8:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Awesome.

Traxus
Username: Traxus

Post Number: 123
Posted on Sunday, February 17, 2008 - 8:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Its a pretty hot track when heard in the right context.

I saw him at oslo in december, one of the better shows i have seen there.

Hybridy
Username: Hybridy

Post Number: 212
Posted on Monday, February 18, 2008 - 1:39 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

as an addict of the electronic movement
i have to say i appreciate
been clubbin worldwide

oslo is on the bucket list

Rhymeswithrawk
Username: Rhymeswithrawk

Post Number: 1133
Posted on Monday, February 18, 2008 - 12:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Not a huge fan of the music, but that video was excellent!

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.