Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » Stephen Grant « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Mrsjdaniels
Username: Mrsjdaniels

Post Number: 431
Posted on Friday, February 15, 2008 - 4:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Grant children witnessed mother’s murder

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs .dll/article?AID=/20080215/NEW S04/80215059

this buster better ROT in jail

Gistok
Username: Gistok

Post Number: 6314
Posted on Friday, February 15, 2008 - 5:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Agreed that this is despicable... but you could have used some better discretion in your thread title...

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 5135
Posted on Friday, February 15, 2008 - 5:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I thought she used a lot of discretion...

Melody
Username: Melody

Post Number: 133
Posted on Friday, February 15, 2008 - 5:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No way, that's the best thread title ever. I hope he stays in jail forever.

Evelyn
Username: Evelyn

Post Number: 111
Posted on Friday, February 15, 2008 - 5:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I would've called him worse...

Detroitnerd
Username: Detroitnerd

Post Number: 1915
Posted on Friday, February 15, 2008 - 5:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

His butthole is relevant. It's soon to be inspected thoroughly by some guy named Tiny.

Gnome
Username: Gnome

Post Number: 745
Posted on Friday, February 15, 2008 - 5:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'll bet y'all that Mr. Grant is going to become very aware of that particular part of his person.

If you think he walks funny walking in those shackles, just wait.

Lilpup
Username: Lilpup

Post Number: 3501
Posted on Friday, February 15, 2008 - 5:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

he might not live long in jail anyway

Raptor56
Username: Raptor56

Post Number: 262
Posted on Friday, February 15, 2008 - 5:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Was he found guilty of First Degree Murder, or a lesser charge? I find it hard to believe that sentencing guidelines stipulate only 15-25 years.

Ferntruth
Username: Ferntruth

Post Number: 358
Posted on Friday, February 15, 2008 - 5:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think it was 2nd Degree Murder that he was convicted of...

Dogperson
Username: Dogperson

Post Number: 9
Posted on Friday, February 15, 2008 - 5:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I wondered if his sister knew about this

Blueidone
Username: Blueidone

Post Number: 179
Posted on Friday, February 15, 2008 - 6:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My opinion is that any jail term is not adequate. I don't want to start the whole discussion about capital punishment, but I don't think all of us as law abiding taxpayers should have to provide this murdering s.o.b. with three hots and a cot, medical care, education, etc. for ANY length of time. But since jail is what he is going to get..I hope they put him in a cell with "Tiny" and he gets what he deserves.

Blueidone

Post Number: 180
Posted on Friday, February 15, 2008 - 6:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just thought of something else...don't you wonder what he told those kids after he killed their mother? How did he convince them to keep quiet? Did he threaten them?? What kind of explanation did he offer them? Nothing like screwing up your kids' psyche for the rest of their lives.

Lefty2
Username: Lefty2

Post Number: 1177
Posted on Friday, February 15, 2008 - 7:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Stephen Grant is a BUTTHOLE
I'm sure he will get it in the But, hole
Maybe he will get the Jeffrey Dahmer treatment.

Thames
Username: Thames

Post Number: 36
Posted on Friday, February 15, 2008 - 7:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You just know that those kids were telling him to stop and he wouldn't. Gawd!

Alan55
Username: Alan55

Post Number: 1244
Posted on Friday, February 15, 2008 - 7:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

In past decades, a professor at Lake Superior State would hold a snowman burning ceremony to welcome spring. As part of the ceremony, he would ban cliched, overused words and phrases.

In carrying on his tradition, I nominate the phrases "Stephen Grant" and "Anna Nichole Smith" for permanent banishment, especially from newscasts.

Enough already.

Gene
Username: Gene

Post Number: 51
Posted on Friday, February 15, 2008 - 8:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Every murder is despicable. Why is this one different to warrant the outpouring of emotion than one of the many murders committed in Detroit on a daily basis. Does race have something to do with it? Or where it occurred?

Point is that one's life seems to have less value if your black and from Detroit.

Melody
Username: Melody

Post Number: 134
Posted on Friday, February 15, 2008 - 9:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Point is that one's life seems to have less value if your black and from Detroit."

He killed his wife in cold blood in front of his children and then chopped her body into bits, fucked the nanny and then lied about everything. If a black guy did that in Detroit to his black wife I'm sure we'd hear about that too.

Mrsjdaniels
Username: Mrsjdaniels

Post Number: 433
Posted on Friday, February 15, 2008 - 9:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

sorry guys...I am just really mad...I see they changed my title

Buyamerican
Username: Buyamerican

Post Number: 393
Posted on Friday, February 15, 2008 - 9:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gene, race has nothing to do with this at all. Why bring it up?

Blueidone

Post Number: 181
Posted on Saturday, February 16, 2008 - 9:40 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Race does not enter into my judgement. I think anyone of any race from any place who takes another person's life unless defending one's home family or property is despicable and should suffer the same ending. What I object to is my tax dollars going to support, care for and educate someone who commits these heinous crimes.

Jails are overcrowded with those who feel that it's ok to kill someone over a pair of fancy shoes or a car, or whatever someone has that they want..or because someone hurt their feelings, or they were rejected by some boss or lover. So we keep building more jails and it stops nothing.

I don't profess to have all the answers, but my feelings have nothing to do with what color the skin of the killer is..or where he or she lives. Senseless killing is just that...SENSELESS.

Eriedearie
Username: Eriedearie

Post Number: 808
Posted on Saturday, February 16, 2008 - 9:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I ditto Blueidone.

Bobj
Username: Bobj

Post Number: 3891
Posted on Saturday, February 16, 2008 - 10:03 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This guy is a butthole and deserves what he gets

Ferntruth
Username: Ferntruth

Post Number: 359
Posted on Saturday, February 16, 2008 - 10:11 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Gene, race has nothing to do with this at all. Why bring it up?"

Because this is SE Michigan - sadly, we have to bring race into EVERYTHING

"sorry guys...I am just really mad...I see they changed my title"

I agree. It was wrong to change the title of the thread..and a bit cowardly IMO

Gene

Post Number: 52
Posted on Saturday, February 16, 2008 - 10:29 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So what is it then?

Ella Bully justified the 444+ murders in Detroit last year by stating that most were drug related. Did any of those killings make the national news as did the Grant killing? I am sure many were more sensational than what Steven Grant did.

Black on black crime not only in Detroit but nationally is ignored.

Rjk
Username: Rjk

Post Number: 1048
Posted on Saturday, February 16, 2008 - 10:42 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Local news is about ratings, not being fair.

White females make up the majority of people who watch the local news. White females will be more interested in a story about the killing of a suburban white female. This really isn't hard to figure out.

Wash_man
Username: Wash_man

Post Number: 625
Posted on Saturday, February 16, 2008 - 1:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Ella Bully justified the 444+ murders in Detroit last year by stating that most were drug related. Did any of those killings make the national news as did the Grant killing?"

Did any of these killers chop up their victims and then go on TV to beg for clues and profess their love for the victim, all while knowing they were guilty? That's what makes it different from most other murders.

Bigb23
Username: Bigb23

Post Number: 472
Posted on Saturday, February 16, 2008 - 3:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wasn't there a landlord/maintenance man in Detroit several years ago that gave several TV interviews, and was later found guilty of dismembering a female in the bathtub of her apartment?
Equal coverage.

Thames

Post Number: 37
Posted on Saturday, February 16, 2008 - 4:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gene, maybe it's because black men don't murder their black wives with their bare hands, while their black children watch, then dismember her and strew her body parts throughout a city park?

Sorry for the sarcasm, I just get sick of it. Let me try again.
When one drug dealer is killed by another drug dealer over turf or whatever, it's hard to find sympathy. They put themselves in harm's way. Everyone knows that getting killed is an occupational hazard in the drug business.

When children are murdered in the city there is an outpouring of emotions because they are innocent, just like Tara and her children.
Also, let's not forget what he did to her after he killed her. That doesn't happen every day.

Gene

Post Number: 53
Posted on Saturday, February 16, 2008 - 4:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thames,Just because of ones occupation you can justify murder?

If Tara and Steven were black and the murder was committed in Detroit, the local media would not even mention it.

Mutilated, burnt, disfigured bodies and parts are found in Detroit's abandoned buildings and dumpsters on a regular basis. Not once have any of these horrific acts made it to the local or national media as the Grant murder. Just another day in the D.

Its not about race????

(Message edited by gene on February 16, 2008)

Thames

Post Number: 39
Posted on Saturday, February 16, 2008 - 5:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No, no, no, Gene, I didn't say murder is justifiable. I said drug dealing has occupational hazards, one of which is being murdered. People know that going in. I said that it is hard to find sympathy for them when it happens. When a child in the city is murdered, there is an outpouring of emotions.

I guess I am to assume every burnt and disfigured body found in Detroit is a black person. It's not enough to say most are if you want to bring in race.

Now if you were to make the argument that class and social status brought the headlines, well, I might be on board with that but remember, the guy was running around with his wife's torso for days! I can see how that alone would bring national headlines.

Courtney
Username: Courtney

Post Number: 166
Posted on Saturday, February 16, 2008 - 6:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh come on. Those that have been found and weren't made into national news were NOT "ignored" because of their skin colour but because the media couldn't come up with some horrific "personalization" aspect to it. In many of the cases, the bodies aren't even identified for weeks, if ever. Time and time again when the body has a name and identity (and more so if it includes children in any way) it HAS made local and national news. Which then of course brings those like Gene to cry that the media is only showing the bad things in Detroit.

There are a lot of people of all colours who end up in the national news because of what crap they've done to people they are supposed to love. Once again, the media eats up these stories because of the personalization. Just in the past month, I've read of TWO instances of "fathers" throwing their kids off of bridges in two states, the "mother" who had her baby in a HOSPITAL bathroom then threw it in the trash because she didn't want it, and the "father" who stomped on his infant sons head several times then threw it on the side of the road because it was crying. And of course, there have been more but those are the ones I've read recently, with lots of national news making updates. You have a rainbow of ethnic backgrounds in just those cases alone because they met the medias criteria for what would draw in the most readers/viewers.

Gistok

Post Number: 6317
Posted on Sunday, February 17, 2008 - 4:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No it was not cowardly to change the thread title... it needed to be cleaned up. It's fine to call someone of his caliber that in a post, but not sensationalize it in a thread title. But there's no point in turning this forum into Frankenstein's mob (torches and pitchforks) over it...

Now that said... I do think that before he's sent off to prison... they should tatoo the Cedar Pointe Log Flume ride on Stephen Grants butt. You think he's got "bug eyes" now...wait until Tiny or Bruno are done with him! :-(

Brushparkbub
Username: Brushparkbub

Post Number: 19
Posted on Sunday, February 17, 2008 - 5:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

just one little point about the guy that mentioned capital punishment above. it is always more expensive (because of longer trials, guaranteed appeals, additional attorneys, experts, mitigation witnesses and so many other things that occur in capital cases) for the state to execute defendants. it is much cheaper to have a shorter trial and send someone to prison for life, with three meals and a cot.

it is even cheaper to send someone to jail for 30 years and then release them. i don't think grant is going to be a danger to anyone when he is 75. but then again nobody thought he would be a danger to anyone before his gruesome crime.

Brushparkbub
Username: Brushparkbub

Post Number: 20
Posted on Sunday, February 17, 2008 - 5:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

and this obsession with prison rape is quite disturbing. if it was your brother, cousin or pal from grade school that committed a horrible crime I don't think most of the people here would so calmly suggest such horrible treatment.

a good friend of mine was just released from the federal pen. if you were grant's old friend would you say such things? why don't some of the people who have had friends or family members who are either locked up or have been released say something here.

Gistok

Post Number: 6319
Posted on Sunday, February 17, 2008 - 5:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sorry Brushparkbub... but the "horrible" killing (in front of the children) and dismembering a spouse somehow doesn't quite seem to equate to the "indignity" of getting a size 9 poop-chute!

In this case, it's Schadenfreude...

Thames

Post Number: 41
Posted on Sunday, February 17, 2008 - 5:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Brushparkbub, don't worry, his Mom and sister are on his side. His taped jail conversations with his sister were enlightening. His sister commiserated with him telling him what a controlling bitch she thought Tara was. She also said, "Mom said you should have put her in the trunk and dropped her off at the airport". Whoa!

If he were my child, I probably would have offed myself by now. I couldn't live knowing what an evil demon I brought into this world. If I were his friend, I would have written him off. Not only out of fear of him but I don't want any "friends" like that.

He has no feelings for anyone (but himself), why should anyone have feelings for him?

Eastsiderules
Username: Eastsiderules

Post Number: 30
Posted on Monday, February 18, 2008 - 2:39 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Strange how this info came out during Christmas when his family were supposed to get visitation.
Alicia Standefer won the lottery!

Leoqueen
Username: Leoqueen

Post Number: 1859
Posted on Thursday, February 21, 2008 - 9:25 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

He gets sentenced today..I predict 50-80 years.
The fact that he did the murder naked and in front of his kids...well, what a fiend

Pffft
Username: Pffft

Post Number: 1459
Posted on Thursday, February 21, 2008 - 9:36 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Do his family deserve to get visitation, after reading what his sister said about Tara? Nobody forced Grant's sister to say all that terrible stuff, and she said it despite a warning posted on the wall that she was being taped.

Skylark
Username: Skylark

Post Number: 25
Posted on Thursday, February 21, 2008 - 10:48 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Grant gets 50-80 years.

Detroitstar
Username: Detroitstar

Post Number: 967
Posted on Thursday, February 21, 2008 - 11:07 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am a person that believes in forgiveness, but I just cand find any good will towards this guy. I hope the bastard rots in hell.

Smogboy
Username: Smogboy

Post Number: 7156
Posted on Thursday, February 21, 2008 - 12:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

He's toast. I guess there's also a slightly vindictive part of me here that says neither he nor anyone else should be able to profit from his horrible actions as well. I don't want to see a movie. No books. No Broadway plays. No Harlequin romances. No more. Nothing about this guy. He's lost the right to be a part of our society as far as I'm concerned.

Ltorivia485
Username: Ltorivia485

Post Number: 2965
Posted on Thursday, February 21, 2008 - 4:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Stephen Grant should and will rot in hell for what he did to his wife and children. He is not mentally ill. He definitely deserves no sympathy from me. He should have originally received a first-degree murder sentence.

Alley
Username: Alley

Post Number: 32
Posted on Friday, February 22, 2008 - 12:06 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Eastsiderules, I don't think inheriting the children of a sister who was brutally murdered (in front of those children, no less) is by any means "winning the lottery!"

Ray
Username: Ray

Post Number: 1079
Posted on Friday, February 22, 2008 - 12:15 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wow, where is this out pouring of law and order with respect to the regions other 680 murders. Besides, you guys are being too tough on the man. I bet his wife was a real bitch. He obviously is insane.

Smogboy
Username: Smogboy

Post Number: 7157
Posted on Friday, February 22, 2008 - 2:04 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ray, I don't know if we are being too tough on just THIS man. I don't think anyone else here is condoning or excusing any of the other crimes or 680 other murders either. They're probably equally as heinous.

The facts came out in court of law. He admitted to the gruesome nature of his crime. YOU'RE the one making the assumptions of his wife and even if she was a total bitch, she still didn't deserve to die in that manner. They could've just agreed to disagree, get a divorce and move on. As far as his sanity or lack there of, I don't know if any of us here can adequately make that comment. His act of murder was of the insane nature though- we can agree on that.

Chitaku
Username: Chitaku

Post Number: 1863
Posted on Friday, February 22, 2008 - 2:24 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

of course killing someone is awful but i wouldn't be hard pressed to think she drove him to do it. I'm also sick of seeing the wide eyed sister speak. As gruesome and sick as the murder is, You can't count out the fact that she was maybe a looney bin too. Sadly wide eye Hackel and Eric Smith are using this to get their names out for election day

Broken_main
Username: Broken_main

Post Number: 1453
Posted on Friday, February 22, 2008 - 6:04 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hmmm, I wonder what the original name of the thread was?

Pam
Username: Pam

Post Number: 3556
Posted on Friday, February 22, 2008 - 7:25 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

of course killing someone is awful but i wouldn't be hard pressed to think she drove him to do it. I'm also sick of seeing the wide eyed sister speak. As gruesome and sick as the murder is, You can't count out the fact that she was maybe a looney bin too

If you seriously think this, you need help.
See Smogboy's post. Rational people get a divorce and walk away.

Raggedclaws
Username: Raggedclaws

Post Number: 141
Posted on Friday, February 22, 2008 - 8:01 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ahhh...Ray. Your above post explains some of your other posts.

You & Chitaku sound like a real catch. Single, I presume ?

Danny
Username: Danny

Post Number: 7144
Posted on Friday, February 22, 2008 - 8:04 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Looks like Steven Grant will be paroled until his 88th birthday. What makes Steven Grant from a preppy guy into a psychopathic killer? Maybe it have to do with his past.

Danny
Username: Danny

Post Number: 7145
Posted on Friday, February 22, 2008 - 8:06 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Even Tara Grant's relatives and his children will never see him ever again.

Chuckles
Username: Chuckles

Post Number: 193
Posted on Friday, February 22, 2008 - 8:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It is obvious to me (from their post's) that Ray and Chitaku have serious issues and should seek help...they show potential for being the next Stephen Grant....scarry

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.