Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » Music lovers....Texas swing comes to Berkley « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Alfie1a
Username: Alfie1a

Post Number: 27
Posted on Friday, February 15, 2008 - 7:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wednesday, Feb. 20. Wayne "The Train" Hancock will be performing at The Berkley Front. 3087 W. 12 Mile in Berkley. His music is a unique blend of rockabilly, country swing, blues and hillbilly music. Think of Hank Williams, Bob Wills, Carl Perkins, just to name a few of the greats who surely influenced Wayne Hancock.

What better way to spend an otherwise dull Wednesday night, and tickets are only 10 bucks.

Let me tell you folks, this guy Rocks. His music falls into the category which I like to call "good time music". Give him a listen at his myspace page.

http://www.myspace.com/wayneha ncock

http://www.waynehancock.com/in dex.html

Special guest will be The Streamliners. I searched the web on these guys and found 2 bands with that name. One from Australia who sound very good. The other is a swing style big band out of Knoxville. Either should prove to be very entertaining but i'm guessing its the big band who will be sharing the stage with Wayne Hancock.

56packman
Username: 56packman

Post Number: 2052
Posted on Friday, February 15, 2008 - 7:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I really like Western Swing, I would probably enjoy this band. I just can't handle the smoke at the Berkley front.

Dannyv
Username: Dannyv

Post Number: 105
Posted on Sunday, February 17, 2008 - 6:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Right on, my brother. I saw Wayne Hancock years ago at the 7th House in Pontiac and he's the real deal. Wear your dancing shoes, if you're so inclined, because Wayne has a rock and a rhythm that'll keep you on your feet and outta your seat. Thanks for the heads up, Alfie1a

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.