Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » Old tymey ball « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Ggores
Username: Ggores

Post Number: 17
Posted on Sunday, February 17, 2008 - 12:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am interested to find out if anybody knows some things of local little league baseball organizations. Mic-Mac, West Seven, etc. My Dad managed teams for O' Shea, and won championships in 68, 69, and 71 (if memory serves). Later, in late 70's, I played a couple seasons for Redford. What became of these organizations?
Top of pageBottom of page

Thoswolfe
Username: Thoswolfe

Post Number: 26
Posted on Sunday, February 17, 2008 - 12:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

YAC alums and families have an annual reunion picnic at Hines Park. They have/had a website. YAC was area of Fargo Park/HFHS.
(Fill in the rest, Dannyv
We talked of having reunions of Redford Park Athletic Association (John Lodge Elem/ 6 Telegraph area) But there was not enough interest/involvement. It sure is depressing to see all the ballfields there overgrown and not maintained. But it could be worse- the ballpark on Ridge St. became an illegal dump site.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.