Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » Roger Penske wins Daytona 500 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Scs_scooter
Username: Scs_scooter

Post Number: 46
Posted on Sunday, February 17, 2008 - 7:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Congrats to our Roger Penske and his driver Ryan Newman for winning the Daytona 500. Team Penske even took second. Great race.

Tarkus
Username: Tarkus

Post Number: 454
Posted on Sunday, February 17, 2008 - 7:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A great person to win it. And in an American car.

Douglasm
Username: Douglasm

Post Number: 1020
Posted on Sunday, February 17, 2008 - 8:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That was a heck of a finish. Dodge, 6 of the first 8. THAT was unexpected.....

Clayton
Username: Clayton

Post Number: 15
Posted on Sunday, February 17, 2008 - 8:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OMG, I wasn't watching - Ryan Newman won?

14509glenfield
Username: 14509glenfield

Post Number: 1478
Posted on Monday, February 18, 2008 - 7:51 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bide your time and put yourself in a position to win. Hell, 15 plus cars had a chance yesterday. Cross your fingers, rabbits foot, "three cookies and a banana" pre-race diet. And on and on. Makes it all interesting.

Dds
Username: Dds

Post Number: 553
Posted on Monday, February 18, 2008 - 4:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Dodge, 6 of the first 8. THAT was unexpected.....

Good the the race was in Daytona. I hear Chrysler products get stolen here-abouts.

Spacemonkey
Username: Spacemonkey

Post Number: 297
Posted on Tuesday, February 19, 2008 - 12:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Go Tony Stewart!

Renfirst
Username: Renfirst

Post Number: 184
Posted on Friday, February 22, 2008 - 1:43 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Does Penske live in Michigan? I heard he was connected to the Smart Car, distribution rights for the U.S. or something, is that so?

I was driving down Telegraph and noticed the Smart Car dealership in Bloomfield Twp.

Bigjeff
Username: Bigjeff

Post Number: 154
Posted on Friday, February 22, 2008 - 2:35 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Roger Penske lives in or around Birmingham if I'm not mistaken. His major business at the moment is both domestic and foreign dealership interests. Penske Automotive Group has many dealerships in the United States, Germany, The UK, and all over the world. One of Penske Automotive Group's headquarters is located at Square Lake Road and Telegraph.

Mr. Penske was awarded the first Smart Car franchise in the US.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.