Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » Remeber when TV Nation came to Detroit? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Rel
Username: Rel

Post Number: 144
Posted on Sunday, February 17, 2008 - 10:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Michael Moore (love him or hate him) had that hilarious show called TV Nation. I remember Crackers the Corporate-Crime Fighting Chicken visited for the newspaper strike. Was anyone else there?

Jimaz
Username: Jimaz

Post Number: 4573
Posted on Sunday, February 17, 2008 - 10:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was about to start a thread like this. I lived in Phoenix at the time so I missed the Detroit event. I've been going through YouTubes of TV Nation all night, laughing my socks off.

My favorite so far is where they confront the KKK with love:
Love Night, pt. 1
Love Night, pt. 2

That takes balls but what an interesting effect! They can't laugh without admitting they're a joke so they end up looking all serious about a silly stunt which makes them look even more foolish. :-)

Wasn't there a another series similar to TV Nation that aired around that same time frame? What was that? I think it was also by Michael Moore.

Great stuff.

Rel

Post Number: 146
Posted on Sunday, February 17, 2008 - 11:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I can't find the Detroit episode on youtube!

Oldredfordette
Username: Oldredfordette

Post Number: 3913
Posted on Monday, February 18, 2008 - 9:43 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I still have a Cracker the Corporate-Crime Fighting Chicken tshirt from that day.

I am briefly in the newspaper strike segment.

Rel

Post Number: 149
Posted on Monday, February 18, 2008 - 10:08 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A t-shirt!! *I bow to you*

I, too, was briefly in it... but for 1/43rd of a second. You didn't happen to save the episode, did you?

Oldredfordette
Username: Oldredfordette

Post Number: 3914
Posted on Monday, February 18, 2008 - 10:12 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nope, but I bet I could come up with one. I'll check around.

Harpernottingham
Username: Harpernottingham

Post Number: 360
Posted on Monday, February 18, 2008 - 10:29 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I seem to remember Michael Moore calling out Alex Trotman to come change the oil in his car.

And Trotman DID!

Dannaroo
Username: Dannaroo

Post Number: 187
Posted on Monday, February 18, 2008 - 2:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Harper, in that same episode, he went to the RJR Reynolds corporate HQ and tried to get their CEO to come down and roll a cigarette (nobody came down). He also went to the Xerox HQ and tried to get somebody to come out and clear a paper jam or change a toner or something (again, nobody came out).

Rel

Post Number: 154
Posted on Monday, February 18, 2008 - 10:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I tell 'ya, customer service is dead.

Lostlegumes
Username: Lostlegumes

Post Number: 19
Posted on Tuesday, February 19, 2008 - 7:12 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have the book about the short-lived show. Does that count for anything?

Rel

Post Number: 162
Posted on Tuesday, February 19, 2008 - 9:22 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes, Lost 'gumes...

Thanks for reminding me there is a book out there! Isn't amazon.com great? I just bought a copy for $4 including shipping.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.