Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » L.A. Young « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Lpg
Username: Lpg

Post Number: 9
Posted on Wednesday, February 20, 2008 - 1:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Does anyone have information about auto industry supplier L.A. Young. Where their plants were located, what they made etc ??

El_jimbo
Username: El_jimbo

Post Number: 587
Posted on Wednesday, February 20, 2008 - 1:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

When I opened this, I thought that was the new nickname form Coleman A Young's kid from California who changed his name to CAY Jr and then ran for the state legislature.

Stinger4me
Username: Stinger4me

Post Number: 194
Posted on Wednesday, February 20, 2008 - 2:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There may have been an L.A. Young plant on Holbrook west of the Grand Trunk RR tracks. It was on the north side of Holbrook. I'm not sure if they was a RR siding which serviced the plant or not. There were several Chevrolet Gear and Axle plants in the compound on both sides of Holbrook. There was a forge in the compound as well as several plants which did machining. I am not sure of what the plant made, the name was painted on the south side of the building and quite readable if you rode the Holbrook bus.

Lpg
Username: Lpg

Post Number: 11
Posted on Wednesday, February 20, 2008 - 2:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I had a aunt that worked at a L.A. Young on Mill street, west of Jefferson back in the early 50's. I believe she said they made car doors etc. Maybe a stamping plant ?? I don't remember who they supplied.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.