Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » What do the colored arrows mean? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Grumpyoldlady
Username: Grumpyoldlady

Post Number: 17
Posted on Sunday, February 24, 2008 - 11:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Not a Detroit topic, but a site topic. What are the little colored arrows on the left side of the discussions? Blue, yellow, etc?

Jimaz
Username: Jimaz

Post Number: 4641
Posted on Sunday, February 24, 2008 - 11:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Are you referring to these arrows?:

Arrows

Livernoisyard
Username: Livernoisyard

Post Number: 5360
Posted on Sunday, February 24, 2008 - 11:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

He's referring to those triangles (not arrows actually) for the multi(mega)thread groupings.

Eriedearie
Username: Eriedearie

Post Number: 871
Posted on Monday, February 25, 2008 - 12:14 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If you click on the T that will take you to the first posting on the subject on the page. If you click on the P that will take you to the section where you post.

Livernoisyard

Post Number: 5361
Posted on Monday, February 25, 2008 - 12:16 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

But those pentagons aren't the ones he's talking about... Obviously,none of them is yellow.

Eriedearie

Post Number: 872
Posted on Monday, February 25, 2008 - 12:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh sorry - I didn't read "yellow" - guess I don't know what I'm talking about - so scratch that post!

Livernoisyard

Post Number: 5362
Posted on Monday, February 25, 2008 - 12:35 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No big deal. Anybody reading this thread later will learn what those pentagons and triangles are for now.

Eriedearie

Post Number: 874
Posted on Monday, February 25, 2008 - 12:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, I've looked all over and can't find any yellow on this site. So Grumpy, if you would elaborate some I'd be happy to help figure it out.

Livernoisyard

Post Number: 5363
Posted on Monday, February 25, 2008 - 12:53 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The yellow triangles mark the second and later pages of a long or mega-thread. That's all. Check those with light blue triangles and open that thread.

Lowell
Board Administrator
Username: Lowell

Post Number: 4561
Posted on Monday, February 25, 2008 - 1:07 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Light blue arrows [and some no-longer-used gold ones like on Old Car Factories] are reminders to move those threads into the Hall of Fame when they get pruned. Threads of outstanding interest or quality are tagged when noticed or pointed out. To keep the topics page fast-loading the list of threads is pruned when it goes over 300 topics. Threads with no new posts in 14 days are archived. If they are tagged threads, they are moved to the HOF.

FYI, questions about the forum, such as this, properly belong in the Detroit Connections forum as they are not a Detroit topic. This forum is for the full Detroit, the whole Detroit, and nothing but the Detroit.

Eriedearie

Post Number: 875
Posted on Monday, February 25, 2008 - 1:11 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ok guys, thanks for the info! Now I see the yellow arrows. Duh!

Livernoisyard

Post Number: 5365
Posted on Monday, February 25, 2008 - 1:12 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You mean da trut?

Grumpyoldlady
Username: Grumpyoldlady

Post Number: 19
Posted on Monday, February 25, 2008 - 2:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks for the info. Sorry I wasn't clear when I said "arrows".

Bigb23
Username: Bigb23

Post Number: 573
Posted on Monday, February 25, 2008 - 5:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

While we're on the subject of forum use, is there an easy way to search by username or keywords on here?
Looked around with no luck.

Charlottepaul
Username: Charlottepaul

Post Number: 2349
Posted on Monday, February 25, 2008 - 6:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"easy way to search"

Google.

Bigb23

Post Number: 578
Posted on Monday, February 25, 2008 - 11:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I finally got the DetroitYes link on my desktop, which for some reason it would not save before.
Problem solved!

Ravine
Username: Ravine

Post Number: 1980
Posted on Monday, February 25, 2008 - 11:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Heh. Now we can all eavesdrop on your home. If you leave your computer up when you're up at the corner gas station, we can sneak in and snoop around for a minute.
You shoulda never put us on your desktop.
Too late, now.

Jimaz
Username: Jimaz

Post Number: 4647
Posted on Monday, February 25, 2008 - 11:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

But seriously, it's well worth experimenting with this site's search engine at http://www.atdetroit.net/cgi-b in/foroum/search.cgi.

It's not the best but it definitely helps.

Bigb23

Post Number: 580
Posted on Monday, February 25, 2008 - 11:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I wanted to find Ccbatsons first post. No luck!

Ravine - I had the forum link all this time, just not the DetroitYes page. Your welcome to look at all the boring icons on my desktop.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.