Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » Stray question - Construction at 7 Mile & Woodward « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Digitalvision
Username: Digitalvision

Post Number: 589
Posted on Tuesday, February 26, 2008 - 2:12 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So I go by 7 and Woodward pretty frequently, and I can't help but notice what looks like a half-built building that has been half-built for awhile a block north of 7.

There are stacks of bricks and things, but no people or workers. What is it and what are the plans on it? Are they just stopping for the winter?

I'm always for some new development, I'm thinking for some reason it's a church - but it seems the past few months I've seen nothing happen.

Thanks!

Viziondetroit
Username: Viziondetroit

Post Number: 1457
Posted on Tuesday, February 26, 2008 - 2:30 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's the future home of Perfecting Church.. it's been discussed on here a few times. Hit the search function to bring up all the old threads.

Pkbroch
Username: Pkbroch

Post Number: 1
Posted on Tuesday, February 26, 2008 - 11:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I live across Woodward from this eyesore. There has been no real work since last spring. Some of the metal work is beginning to rust. This church complex was to open in 2005-2006.
Perhaps I will learn more at our Association meeting this March.

Kpm
Username: Kpm

Post Number: 86
Posted on Tuesday, February 26, 2008 - 12:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Is that the building that somewhat looks like it could be a small stadium?

Digitalvision
Username: Digitalvision

Post Number: 590
Posted on Tuesday, February 26, 2008 - 12:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks... I didn't know what to search for.

No progress since last spring?

I thought it was awhile but that is a long while - I wonder, according to the architects/construction folks in the house, how long a structure can stay in the state it is in and still be usable? I'm asking because I honestly have no idea.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.