Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » Fort Wayne Workday « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Plymouthres
Username: Plymouthres

Post Number: 457
Posted on Tuesday, February 26, 2008 - 9:07 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just to let everyone know, this Saturday, March 1st, is the monthly workday at Fort Wayne for the Historic Fort Wayne Coalition. Please come on down to help out as there is much to be done! We appreciate any and all help.We have both inside and outside projects so even if it is freezing outside, we can still get things done. There are quite a list of items to be done as you can imagine.

If I can come back all the way from Arizona to help out, perhaps some of you a bit more "local" could show up and lend a hand!

See you on Saturday!

Gazhekwe
Username: Gazhekwe

Post Number: 1592
Posted on Tuesday, February 26, 2008 - 9:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It is supposed to be a beautiful weekend. We are paying for it in advance today. Everything is beautiful and puffy white, and traffic is crawling. If we go to Fort Wayne on Saturday, what time and where exactly?

Plymouthres

Post Number: 458
Posted on Tuesday, February 26, 2008 - 10:39 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gaz-

The normal workday is from 9am to 5pm, but we usually don't get out the job assignments and officially get started until about 10am.

When you get to the guard shack, please tell them that you are there for the Historic Fort Wayne Coalition's workday. They should direct you to Bldg. 112, where we generally stage the workday, and where the Coalition is headquartered. You may wish to bring water to drink and food for lunch (brown bag). Also when you get there, ask for myself, Will or Tom, and we will hook you up with a member of the Coalition and a job assignment.

I hope to make your acquaintance finally, so be sure to ask for me!

There is quite a bit to accomplish, so I hope that if you are looking for something to do, this will be it!

Gazhekwe
Username: Gazhekwe

Post Number: 1594
Posted on Tuesday, February 26, 2008 - 10:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I will see what I can do about that. :-)

Gannon
Username: Gannon

Post Number: 11702
Posted on Tuesday, February 26, 2008 - 11:11 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am blocking off the morning hours, and can give Jams a ride if he needs one.

Should I bring tools?

I will have to leave in the early afternoon, got a meeting for one of my internet projects!

Cheers, can't wait to see you again Plymouthres.

Plymouthres

Post Number: 459
Posted on Tuesday, February 26, 2008 - 12:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks, Gannon and ditto! No, you don't need to bring anything-it's all there already! Mikie is promising to show up, too, so we should be able to get a ton done!
We can use your talents, whether half or full day, as always!

I am excited to be coming back to Detroit and seeing all of those that choose to come down to the Fort on Saturday! Especially looking forward to meeting you if you can make it, Gaz!

Alan55
Username: Alan55

Post Number: 1273
Posted on Tuesday, February 26, 2008 - 4:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Plymouth, is there an address where some folks who may not want to volunteer physically can throw a few bucks at the Coalition? Thanks.

Plymouthres

Post Number: 463
Posted on Tuesday, February 26, 2008 - 6:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Alan55-

I sincerely apologize for not having replied directly to you when you asked this question in a related thread about Fort Wayne a couple of months ago. I was in the middle of transitioning to a new job in Arizona and figured my counterpart, Subvet, would provide you the answer, but it appears that he did not.

If you would be a bit patient, I will get the address this weekend when I am home and post it next Tuesday. I would have provided it to you here, but our website, which has the address on it, is down for repair and I simply don't have the info with me. I will also publish a schedule for 2008 events then, too.

Also, please feel free to come down for a tour this summer when I'm back, and I'll take you on a tour of all the things Fort Wayne has to offer from an insider's perspective! It would be my pleasure to host your tour!

Finally, thanks for the offer of donation. We are in the process of many good update projects at the Fort, and any money we receive will go right into the upkeep of the Fort and those new projects, as we have NO ADMINISTRATIVE OVERHEAD. All (100%) of your donation goes toward the Fort itself and it's preservation. We are now also a 501c3 (tax deductible) organization, so your COMPLETE donation is tax deductible.

Thanks again for your offer and your patience and I promise to have that info for you no later than Tuesday.

Crystal
Username: Crystal

Post Number: 116
Posted on Tuesday, February 26, 2008 - 6:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Plymouth - I can post the HFWC address if it's OK to do so on this forum.

Crystal

Plymouthres

Post Number: 465
Posted on Tuesday, February 26, 2008 - 7:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Please do so, Crystal. Are you coming down to the workday this weekend?

Crystal

Post Number: 117
Posted on Tuesday, February 26, 2008 - 7:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I thought I had that address for donations and membership; now I cannot find it. Still looking.

Looking for a sitter for Leader Dog puppy and definitely planning to come to the work day!

Crystal

Post Number: 118
Posted on Tuesday, February 26, 2008 - 7:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Historic Fort Wayne Coalition
3660 Columbiaville Rd
COLUMBIAVILLE MI 48421-9651

Historic Fort Wayne Coalition is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt charitable organization. Donations are tax-deductible.

Jams
Username: Jams

Post Number: 7712
Posted on Tuesday, February 26, 2008 - 10:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OK, Gannon I'll ride with you.

I've missed the last couple workdays due to other commitments, but for a day of fun and a sense of contribution learning and being part of history, I recommend spending a day with this group.

Plymouthres

Post Number: 466
Posted on Tuesday, February 26, 2008 - 11:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks for the address, Crystal! Alan55 has been patient enough! I was told tonight that the website should be up and more "interactive" shortly, perhaps by weeks end! Once again,

www.historicfortwaynecoalition .com !

I am very honored to be able to come back and work at the Fort with all of you fine people. It is humbling to me to see your committment to such a worthy piece of Detroit's history and the immense progress you have made there. This website has been a treasure trove of volunteerism that I've not witnessed before.

I look forward to spending the day with each of you.

See you all and anyone else that wishes to come out on Saturday!

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.