Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » Sheridan court murder. » Murder On Cass Corridor « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Ladyinabag
Username: Ladyinabag

Post Number: 390
Posted on Wednesday, February 27, 2008 - 3:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I saw this in The Macomb Daily, not in a Detroit paper. "Woman Stabbed 78 Times Near Wayne State". That is a lot of stabbing. Whoever did it even stabbed her dog. She had taken a job as a apartment manager at the Sheridan Court Apartments near Second and Canfield. She was from Fraser and took this job in January. There was no sign of forced entry. Two people were questioned and then released. This is, like, so wierd. Be careful, guys.

Iheartthed
Username: Iheartthed

Post Number: 2771
Posted on Wednesday, February 27, 2008 - 3:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Umm, that was talked about here...

Iheartthed
Username: Iheartthed

Post Number: 2772
Posted on Wednesday, February 27, 2008 - 3:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

https://www.atdetroit.net/forum/mes sages/5/129058.html?1204009203

Andylinn
Username: Andylinn

Post Number: 745
Posted on Wednesday, February 27, 2008 - 3:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

no forced entry. nothing stolen. this was not some thief, etc... it was someone who knew her... like her boyfriend. prob. from Macomb.

Livernoisyard
Username: Livernoisyard

Post Number: 5417
Posted on Wednesday, February 27, 2008 - 3:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I watched a murder trial of a homeless ex con in Madison who I got off the streets for a few days after he forced himself into an apartment (home invasion?)--by a simple phone call to the police, BTW).

Once out of jail a day or two, he returned to the same street and stabbed some stranger, in the back about three dozen times, coming home from partying very early one Sunday morning.

The murderer didn't take the stand at his trial, at the advice of his public defender. Before the trial judge sent the jury out for deliberations, he asked the accused if he wanted to say anything.

Apparently, he did... Although, he didn't have to say anything, he told the judge that he stabbed the guy (who never saw it coming) in the back in self defense--all 35+ times with a very large knife. The judge, most of the jury members, and probably everybody else--bailiffs, spectators, etc.--couldn't hold back all their laughter. The public defender had to put his hands over his face in order not to laugh himself.

(Message edited by LivernoisYard on February 27, 2008)

E_hemingway
Username: E_hemingway

Post Number: 1574
Posted on Wednesday, February 27, 2008 - 4:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I might as well post this here, too.

Interesting side bar to the Sheridan Court murder story. A family member asked me about this murder after a co-worker of theirs saw the story on Fox 2. No forced entry, multiple stabbings, police looking for the boyfriend. These are all tell-tale signs of a crime of passion, which usually means some sort of domestic violence.

I was ready to move on when I saw and recognized a picture of the victim. One evening about a month earlier while walking through Canfield's historic block I came across a couple walking a dog. I stopped, petted the dog (it looked like a smallish husky) and struck up a conversation with them. The woman (whom I'm pretty certain is the victim here) was quite affable. We had a nice but short conversation about how beautiful the neighborhood is and how happy she was to be the new manager for the apartment building on the corner. The man she was with (I assumed it was her boyfriend) stayed about 10 feet away at all times giving me the evil eye. He definitely did not seem happy that she was speaking to me and never said a word. He just glared. Anyways, we parted ways after a few minutes and went about our own business.

When I saw the news report, I called DPD homicide to tell them my story. I didn't know if it was relevant or not but I thought it would be better if I spoke up and let them decide. The desk sergeant said not to worry because they knew who did it. I asked if I should just tell him what I saw or leave my information just in case. He said, and I quote, "Without giving up too much information that could compromise the case, if we didn't know who did it and didn't have them in custody I would be writing down every word you're saying."

That was enough for me. I feel safe thinking that this was a routine domestic homicide and not some Jack the Ripper-type serial killer. If I am wrong in assuming this I want to know, but I don't think I am.

Gistok
Username: Gistok

Post Number: 6373
Posted on Wednesday, February 27, 2008 - 5:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well if it's a crime, I guess it's OK to call it the Cass Corridor, but if it's a positive story, we should call it Midtown... (ducking for cover)

Ladyinabag
Username: Ladyinabag

Post Number: 400
Posted on Thursday, February 28, 2008 - 7:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's the Cass Corridor. It ends at Grand Blvd. I call it "The Eerie Canal".

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.