Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » State Fair 2008 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Summertime1
Username: Summertime1

Post Number: 47
Posted on Wednesday, February 27, 2008 - 7:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Does anyone out there work at the Fairgrounds? Is Alice cooper playing this summer?

Dustin89
Username: Dustin89

Post Number: 208
Posted on Wednesday, February 27, 2008 - 8:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I hope so! I've seen him every year since 1996 (when I was in first grade). That was at Pine Knob. I don't think their concert schedule or the date Alice will be playing is released for quite some time.

Aiw
Username: Aiw

Post Number: 6566
Posted on Thursday, February 28, 2008 - 1:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

I've seen him every year since 1996 (when I was in first grade).

Thanks, that makes me feel old.

401don
Username: 401don

Post Number: 282
Posted on Thursday, February 28, 2008 - 2:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yikes, me too. I thought that read 1976 until I read Aiw's post. I sat one row behind Alice at a Tiger game two yrs. ago. He chatted with everyone. Seems like a nice guy.

Dustin89

Post Number: 210
Posted on Thursday, February 28, 2008 - 6:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

lol, Aiw... sorry about that. I've met Alice @ a golf course--when I was in third grade--and also at an autograph signing. I've got all his records & am a big fan. That show in 1996 was my first concert; I badgered my parents into taking me. I've been a classic rock/60's/70's music fan for a long time and have seen somewhere in the neighborhood of 125 concerts since then. So I may not have been around back when this stuff was being recorded and released, but I've tried to make up for that.

Summertime1
Username: Summertime1

Post Number: 48
Posted on Friday, February 29, 2008 - 9:09 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have seen Alice since 1972! he used to play at small venues and Cobo man!! "Love it to Death" is his GREATEST. geri

Dustin89

Post Number: 211
Posted on Friday, February 29, 2008 - 12:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This is not a knock against the State Fair, but I wouldn't mind seeing him somewhere else again. He was great @ Pine Knob and I heard he did a great show at the Fox in the early 1990s. His comeback show, Halloween 1986, was at Joe Louis Arena. He also played the Royal Oak Music Theater a few years back. The outdoor State Fair bandshell is fine, but he was inside--I think two years ago--in their horse/hockey arena, and the sound was the worst of any concert I have ever been to. Anyway, Alice Cooper @ the State Fair and the Woodward Dream Cruise in Pontiac have become a late-summer ritual for me now.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.