Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » Grant slaying featured on Dateline tonight « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Lilpup
Username: Lilpup

Post Number: 3640
Posted on Friday, February 29, 2008 - 1:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

9:00 pm

hopefully this will be the last of the publicity because this case is absolutely nauseating and I'm tired of hearing about it

Mrsjdaniels
Username: Mrsjdaniels

Post Number: 494
Posted on Friday, February 29, 2008 - 1:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i can't wait for this...their investigative style is tops

Wash_man
Username: Wash_man

Post Number: 642
Posted on Friday, February 29, 2008 - 2:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"hopefully this will be the last of the publicity because this case is absolutely nauseating and I'm tired of hearing about it"

It's simple, don't watch it.

I'm wondering if this will be a "Detroit" story, given the proximity of his location, or if they will accurately identify it as Washington Township.

Buyamerican
Username: Buyamerican

Post Number: 455
Posted on Friday, February 29, 2008 - 2:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I hope they don't allow Grant to have access to a TV so he can't watch it. He enjoys being in the limelight. What a sicko!

Jt1
Username: Jt1

Post Number: 11382
Posted on Friday, February 29, 2008 - 2:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I just hope that the poor children are still sheilded from all of this and can attempt to start a normal life.

The sensationalism needs to be toned down when you consider the ages of the children and all they have endured.

Chris_rohn
Username: Chris_rohn

Post Number: 415
Posted on Friday, February 29, 2008 - 2:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i'm sure they'll say something to the effect of "detroit suburbs" or "near detroit"

Bigb23
Username: Bigb23

Post Number: 615
Posted on Friday, February 29, 2008 - 3:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jt1 -

Unfortunately, Alicia Standefer is probably making a memory book for the children, IF, as adults they want to know the whole story as portrayed in the media.
I'm sure this stuff is all going into a safe deposit box in case it's wanted.
And I don't blame them.

Ladyinabag
Username: Ladyinabag

Post Number: 404
Posted on Friday, February 29, 2008 - 4:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I just read the description of Dateline at 9:00 tonight and it states, "Before he can be charged with his wife's murder, a man escapes to another part of the country and assumes a new identity". I don't think that this is Steven Grant.

(Message edited by Ladyinabag on February 29, 2008)

Lilpup
Username: Lilpup

Post Number: 3645
Posted on Friday, February 29, 2008 - 5:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

that's the second hour - WDIV promoted the show during the noon news

Saintme
Username: Saintme

Post Number: 96
Posted on Friday, February 29, 2008 - 6:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I agree with JT1. Anytime I hear about this story all I can think about are those kids. I can't begin to imagine how they must feel or how they are going to handle this now or in the future. I understand the news interest, but I just think ANY media coverage is only going to be detrimental to their emotional health, so I can't bring myself to pay attention to the coverage. I just say a prayer that they are surrounded by good people who can help them get through this. What that guy did to his wife is horrendous, but I think I detest him more for f*cking with the minds of those children. I think to a certain extent he (Grant) is eating up and somewhat impressed by the coverage, and for that reason I cannot stand to hear about it, though I understand the public interest.

Danny
Username: Danny

Post Number: 7158
Posted on Friday, February 29, 2008 - 7:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What's inside Grant's mind? A psychopathic killer desguise a preppy nerdy man with glasses.

Ladyinabag
Username: Ladyinabag

Post Number: 422
Posted on Sunday, March 02, 2008 - 4:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah, I watched it. I don't know how she couldn't have seen what a loser he was as smart as she was. Maybe it was just because she was from a small town. Her sister sure is a beautiful woman. She did well with the press as well. This was the first time that Tara's children were shown. The girl does look just like Tara, but they showed a picture of the little girl when she was younger and she had Stephen's hair line. What a tragedy.

Iseries840
Username: Iseries840

Post Number: 519
Posted on Sunday, March 02, 2008 - 4:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I wonder how much Alicia Standefer is getting paid for this? She sure seems to be milking the media for all that she can.

Buyamerican
Username: Buyamerican

Post Number: 463
Posted on Sunday, March 02, 2008 - 4:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Usually they don't show the faces of the children in cases like this because they don't want them recognized where they live. I found that disturbing that they were shown.
I would have loved to see the death penalty in this case, but since that can't happen in Michigan, putting him in a cell with Bubba is the next best thing.

(Message edited by Buyamerican on March 02, 2008)

Wash_man
Username: Wash_man

Post Number: 644
Posted on Sunday, March 02, 2008 - 7:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"I wonder how much Alicia Standefer is getting paid for this? She sure seems to be milking the media for all that she can."

I don't think you get paid to be interviewed by a news program.

56packman
Username: 56packman

Post Number: 2075
Posted on Sunday, March 02, 2008 - 10:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here is the opening text, They immediately identify the area regionally as "Detroit", although the first sentence is accurate.

DETROIT - North of Detroit’s seamless sprawl of strip malls and subdivisions is a 4500-acre woodland preserve. In winter, it’s a bare forest that still belongs to the deer, coyote and occasional trail walkers like Sheila Werner.

Can't argue with that.

Qweek
Username: Qweek

Post Number: 505
Posted on Sunday, March 02, 2008 - 10:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cool, they're slaying that Grant douche bag! Too good to be true.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.