Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » Thanks for the memories, Perry Watson « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Udmphikapbob
Username: Udmphikapbob

Post Number: 532
Posted on Thursday, March 06, 2008 - 8:28 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I had the privilege of attending UDM during the recent glory years, from 1995-2000. I made the road trip to Chicago to see the 1998 NCAA win over St. John's, and to this day hate Purdue for the way their fans treated us the next day.

I hope the school can bring in a coach who can recruit the best talent that Detroit is producing, and bring the program back. Best wishes, Perry.

Wojo's column:
http://detnews.com/apps/pbcs.d ll/article?AID=/20080306/OPINI ON03/803060345/1004

Titancub
Username: Titancub

Post Number: 111
Posted on Thursday, March 06, 2008 - 7:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

He was a good leader of the program for many years always turning out a clean program, graduating nearly all his kids and always a good influence and role model for UDM and for the city. Thanks for all the years and efforts Perry.

Udmphikapbob
Username: Udmphikapbob

Post Number: 536
Posted on Friday, March 07, 2008 - 2:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wow...really no interest from this community in UDM Basketball? No commentary on a lifelong Detroit coach?

I know it's a sad state of affairs at Calihan Hall, but there have to be more than two of us who care!

Eboyer
Username: Eboyer

Post Number: 88
Posted on Friday, March 07, 2008 - 2:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Perry Watson is a cheater.

Other than that, I don't know much about him.

Professorscott
Username: Professorscott

Post Number: 1160
Posted on Friday, March 07, 2008 - 2:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I know Perry and in fact I sent him a note when I found out he was leaving. The current problems the Titans are having on the court are unfortunate, and the more so when the team has had so many great years with Perry.

I think the more important thing about a program like UDM is that the main concern is to get the kids out of college with a degree. Unfortunately a lot of parents fantasize about their high school kid "going pro", which the odds are staggeringly against, and that affects their choice of schools more than the opportunity to get a free education.

Perry and I are both from the old school in that regard.

Prof. Scott

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.