Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » Be Green before St. Patty's Day @ Recycle Here! « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

The_recycling_people
Username: The_recycling_people

Post Number: 72
Posted on Saturday, March 15, 2008 - 8:08 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Today is going to be a perfect day to Recycle Here!

Holden Recy-clean Center
1331 Holden Street
Hours: 9am - 3pm

Rosedale Recycles Mobile Center
16805 Pierson Street (Christ the King Church Lot)
Hours: 10am-2pm

Hope to see y'all being green BEFORE St. Patty's Day.

The Recycling People

Themax
Username: Themax

Post Number: 862
Posted on Saturday, March 15, 2008 - 4:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

And David Gershon's book, Low Carbon Diet, can show you how to be green.

From amazon.cm:
"Grounded in over two decades of environmental behavior change research, this illustrated workbook offers readers much more than a to-do list of eco-friendly actions. With practicality and humor, bestselling author and environmental change pioneer David Gershon walks readers through every step of the carbon-reduction process, from calculating their current CO2 footprint to tracking their progress and measuring their impact. By making simple changes to actions they take every day, readers learn how to reduce their annual household CO2 output by at least 15%. And, for those who are more ambitious, there are chapters on how to become "carbon neutral" and help one's workplace, local schools and community do the same.
A recent Yale University study revealed that over three-quarters of Americans not only accept the reality that their lifestyle is contributing to climate change; they believe they have a responsibility to do something about it. Now, with the release of Low Carbon Diet, they have a practical tool to help them succeed."

From the author:
"If we ordinary Americans reduce our CO2 footprint, we can have a disproportionate influence in turning the tide on global warming. When we, the consumers and voters, become part of the global warming solution, businesses and politicians will not be far behind. And as America--the planet's greatest contributor to climate change--takes responsibility for reducing its carbon footprint, the impact will inevitably ripple out."

(Message edited by themax on March 15, 2008)

Jfried
Username: Jfried

Post Number: 1120
Posted on Saturday, March 15, 2008 - 11:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

reclycling people - I was going to stop by your place earlier today to ask a question but you were driving away just as I pulled up.

anyway, I'm gutting a large commercial building and looking to do something with all this old school plaster rather than just filling up another 30 yard dumpster. I was thinking about saving it to mix in with some concrete when I pave the driveway, but I really wouldn't have a good place to store it until then.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.