Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » What do you think about the new City of Detroit website?? « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Detroitmaybe
Username: Detroitmaybe

Post Number: 21
Posted on Saturday, March 15, 2008 - 3:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://www.ci.detroit.mi.us

Detroit_stylin
Username: Detroit_stylin

Post Number: 5614
Posted on Saturday, March 15, 2008 - 3:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It looks a helluva lot better than the one that was there before.

Lilpup
Username: Lilpup

Post Number: 3815
Posted on Saturday, March 15, 2008 - 3:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It loads a lot faster, too.

Crumbled_pavement
Username: Crumbled_pavement

Post Number: 263
Posted on Saturday, March 15, 2008 - 3:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Looks much more professional and appealing. My only concern is will they maintain it or allow it to become out of date?

Rel
Username: Rel

Post Number: 443
Posted on Saturday, March 15, 2008 - 3:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Does it provide separate links to the Mayor's 60+ friends and family members on the site who are City employees? I was hoping to save a little time when writing a few letters ;)

Rocket_city
Username: Rocket_city

Post Number: 711
Posted on Saturday, March 15, 2008 - 4:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I like it. That last design was elementary and didn't look professional.

Mozeewink
Username: Mozeewink

Post Number: 12
Posted on Saturday, March 15, 2008 - 4:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I like it...I like the orange...it looks modern and clean.

There are not any events listed in the "Events" section, though...that is not good.

Bragaboutme
Username: Bragaboutme

Post Number: 60
Posted on Saturday, March 15, 2008 - 4:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I didn't see the more serious crimes. Where they on there?

Nanska
Username: Nanska

Post Number: 104
Posted on Saturday, March 15, 2008 - 4:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It is nicer than the old one, but where is the email address for the Mayor? I want to send him a comment, and want to email it. But I did not see an email address on the "Contact the Mayor" page, just the snail mail address.

Detroit313
Username: Detroit313

Post Number: 625
Posted on Saturday, March 15, 2008 - 5:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Never too late to update!

<313>

Living_in_the_d
Username: Living_in_the_d

Post Number: 139
Posted on Saturday, March 15, 2008 - 7:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah, Very Nice.

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 5643
Posted on Saturday, March 15, 2008 - 7:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nice, clean, easy to navigate. Good job!

Tigers2005
Username: Tigers2005

Post Number: 193
Posted on Saturday, March 15, 2008 - 10:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It would look better with a different mayor.

Drising
Username: Drising

Post Number: 1
Posted on Sunday, March 16, 2008 - 11:37 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

it's marginally better...the city needs to update the skyline photo though - too ominous and uninviting. a nice daytime shot would help show some vibrancy.

French777
Username: French777

Post Number: 375
Posted on Monday, March 17, 2008 - 4:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I agree Drising

The Color is very appealing!

Funaho
Username: Funaho

Post Number: 29
Posted on Monday, March 17, 2008 - 9:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Has anyone gotten the city services link to work? I keep trying to punch in my address to get my bulk pickup schedule and after sitting for like 5 minutes it comes back and says my street name or direction is wrong, and gives me a few hundred blank alternatives to choose from, all of which do nothing when selected.

Detroitmaybe
Username: Detroitmaybe

Post Number: 32
Posted on Tuesday, March 18, 2008 - 12:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i noticed that many of the links do not work. i don't know whom to contact about this but, i tried to go the oncr (office of neighborhood commercial revitalization) link and nothing came up... are we surprised!!

Danindc
Username: Danindc

Post Number: 4036
Posted on Tuesday, March 18, 2008 - 2:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

It is nicer than the old one, but where is the email address for the Mayor? I want to send him a comment, and want to email it. But I did not see an email address on the "Contact the Mayor" page, just the snail mail address.

You have to send a text message directly to Hizzoner.

Funaho
Username: Funaho

Post Number: 31
Posted on Tuesday, March 18, 2008 - 2:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If you send him a naughty text message you will get a faster response. ;-)

[ and no, I did not try that! ]

Gertrude
Username: Gertrude

Post Number: 41
Posted on Tuesday, March 18, 2008 - 2:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have found that my old links don't work and the pages don't appear to work.

Where's that number we can text Kwame at?
[kidding]
[sorta]

Pkbroch
Username: Pkbroch

Post Number: 4
Posted on Tuesday, March 18, 2008 - 3:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Blight violations link does not work. We have had a car sitting on rims in the front yard down the street on Strathcona at Suffolk in PW for over one year. Does anyone know the proper number to contact. I just keep getting shifted from one department to another. This looks terrible.

Johnlodge
Username: Johnlodge

Post Number: 5704
Posted on Tuesday, March 18, 2008 - 3:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The number for blight violations is 313-HAH-AHAH ext. PFFF

Eric
Username: Eric

Post Number: 1095
Posted on Tuesday, March 18, 2008 - 4:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The ONCR link worked fine for me. With the new website you may have to go the home page and update your links

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.