Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » For those people that need public transportation to Port Huron « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Jhartmich
Username: Jhartmich

Post Number: 83
Posted on Saturday, March 15, 2008 - 5:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have waited years for this and it's finally here.

Blue Water Transportation now services Meijer's at 23 mile and Gratiot. You can now travel all the way to Port Huron from Detroit for $2.25. ($1.50 on Smart, $.75 for Blue Water).

There are two new routes: an M-29 route that follows the river or an I-94 Express route that will get you there in about 30 minutes.Here is their website: http://www.bwbus.com/

Focusonthed
Username: Focusonthed

Post Number: 1738
Posted on Saturday, March 15, 2008 - 7:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

How the hell does it take 30 minutes to get from Marysville to New Baltimore, without stopping?

Eesh, using both services, 1:50 to Detroit. I'll pass...that sort of distance is way too far for local bus service. WAY too far.

Tigers2005
Username: Tigers2005

Post Number: 196
Posted on Saturday, March 15, 2008 - 10:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If you really want to take your time, you can take it from Port Huron down the St. Clair River through St. Clair, Marine City, Algonac and then west through Fair Haven and New Baltimore to 23 Mile and Gratiot. Going that way it might take 4 hours to get downtown. I haven't seen many riders on this route, but I've only passed the bus a couple of times.

Ltdave
Username: Ltdave

Post Number: 121
Posted on Sunday, March 16, 2008 - 5:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

and people wonder why more commuters dont take the bus...

d

Professorscott
Username: Professorscott

Post Number: 1177
Posted on Sunday, March 16, 2008 - 11:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Prices given are wrong. From Port Huron to Detroit is $0.75, as the Blue Water Transit driver for a transfer (free) and SMART will accept it for up to two rides. From Detroit to Port Huron is $1.50 plus $0.25 for a transfer which the Blue Water Transit driver will accept.

This is not quick but it is inexpensive compared to a quarter tank of $3.35 gas.

If you are coming from Port Huron or Marysville of course you would use the quicker service. The other one exists because without it there is no way to get from the St. Clair River communities to either PH or the Detroit area at all.

Fareastsider
Username: Fareastsider

Post Number: 848
Posted on Sunday, March 16, 2008 - 11:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Recently I have been out in Port Huron a lot lately. There bus service for a town of that size is impressive. Much better than Detroits and only a fraction of the size. They have good stops, maps, service and more. If Port Huron can do it...why not Detroit?

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.