Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » Rosedale Grandmont old photos needed « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Parkguy
Username: Parkguy

Post Number: 250
Posted on Sunday, March 16, 2008 - 10:55 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm putting together a video for a local nonprofit organization, and I need a half-dozen photos of Rosdale Park, N. Rosedale Park, Grandmont or Grandmont #1, or Minock Park from the 1920's or 1930's. I need either general residential street scenes with things that would identify the early history of the area, like cars or fashions. Shots of the Grand River business area would be great, too. I'll be trying the newspapers, but if anyone has any old snapshots of the area, I could certainly credit you in the video. Thanks for the help.

Evelethcdenver
Username: Evelethcdenver

Post Number: 120
Posted on Sunday, March 16, 2008 - 7:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I remember growing up in Rosedale Park, they had a ton of old photos at the community center on Scarsdale. It has been years since I have been there, but I remember lots of photos of houses being built, roads being constructed, and the park play ground being installed. See if you can get in the community house and look around and find them.

Viziondetroit
Username: Viziondetroit

Post Number: 1482
Posted on Sunday, March 16, 2008 - 8:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://www.northrosedalepark.o rg/

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.