Discuss Detroit » Archives - January 2008 » Downtown Detroit Partnership article in freep « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Sayitaintso
Username: Sayitaintso

Post Number: 4
Posted on Monday, March 17, 2008 - 6:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Anyone see this article today?

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs .dll/article?AID=/20080317/BUS INESS04/803170337/1118/RSS

These brochures are a step in the right direction of showcasing Detroit.

http://www.freep.com/uploads/p dfs/031708_ddp_brochure1.pdf

http://www.freep.com/uploads/p dfs/031708_ddp_brochure2.pdf

Mozeewink
Username: Mozeewink

Post Number: 23
Posted on Monday, March 17, 2008 - 8:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes, it is exciting, but as with everything with Detroit, I can only be cautiously optimistic.

I'm interested to see what the walking tours will be...as well as the rest of the marketing materials.

Mayor_sekou
Username: Mayor_sekou

Post Number: 1996
Posted on Monday, March 17, 2008 - 8:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Any news in this regard is good news. Were not paying for it and it may do some good so I wish it well.

French777
Username: French777

Post Number: 377
Posted on Tuesday, March 18, 2008 - 5:36 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

About Time!

Every time we go down to Detroit, We always say "Where should we eat?" and the response is "Lets check out Greektown." I had no idea of all the other restaurants. Sweet Lorraines or Rivercafe ect..

Has anyone been to Rivercafe?

Broken_main
Username: Broken_main

Post Number: 1521
Posted on Tuesday, March 18, 2008 - 6:01 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hmmm...where is Rivercafe...could you peas me one of those guides please?

Professorscott
Username: Professorscott

Post Number: 1179
Posted on Tuesday, March 18, 2008 - 9:08 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Doesn't the People Mover have a guide to restaurants near the stations? I could have sworn I've seen such a thing. And, of course, every restaurant downtown is necessarily within about a half-mile of a People Mover station.

Sayitaintso
Username: Sayitaintso

Post Number: 5
Posted on Tuesday, March 18, 2008 - 12:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hopefully these brochures will be added to the Free Press and Detriot News online sites.

Stromberg2
Username: Stromberg2

Post Number: 75
Posted on Tuesday, March 18, 2008 - 2:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It might be my eyes, but I did not see Checkers or Baltimore lunch on the brochure, or the Rhino in Harmony Park.

Stromberg2

Deandub11
Username: Deandub11

Post Number: 234
Posted on Tuesday, March 18, 2008 - 7:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Professor---You are correct. The people mover does have a guide with restaurant suggestions on it, which I always appreciated. Even though it's a Disney ride, I liked that they made the effort.

www.DetroitArmy.com

Charlottepaul
Username: Charlottepaul

Post Number: 2396
Posted on Thursday, March 20, 2008 - 8:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Stromberg2, call me crazy for these type of things are meant to give the general overall location and feel of just a few of the places. This is not going to be an in-depth directory of downtown, as there is no need to overwhelm out-of-towners...

Mackinaw
Username: Mackinaw

Post Number: 4511
Posted on Thursday, March 20, 2008 - 11:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah, Stromberg, there are a lot of omissions. Even a lot of Greektown isn't covered.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.